Chapter Two; Ian

He had seen the burst of light and the reflective box fall from a distance.

Watching it, Ian wanted to believe that there no survivors from the crash.

But Sw- she had insisted otherwise.

Your redemption is here. Right in front of you.

Ian stood on the hill and gazed down at the wreckage. Crainer moved to stand beside him and the two exchanged glances.

"Who do you think it will be?" Crainer asked. The four had been waiting for years for someone to return. They had been told that they would be saved, helped.

Ian didn't believe that it was true.

"I bet it's Biffle and Nico," Cherri piped up, "I hope it's them."

"They'll bring us to the others, won't they?" Garry asked.

"No."

The three turned to Ian.

"They won't bring us back because there is nothing left," Ian said slowly, "They think we are all dead."

"Then why did they come here? Back to Season 2?" Crainer asked.

"They didn't mean to," Ian strolled down the hill.

He spotted movement from the crash and froze, grabbing his sword.

Sigils' head appeared and scanned the area, the look in his eyes told Ian everything he needed to know.

Sigils turned and looked at Ian.

"Ian?" He called.

Ian hurried down the slope and started to help pull Sigils out of the hole.

"Henwy is down there," Sigils pointed, "He's stuck and needs help."

Ian stopped and stared at Sigils for a long time and slipped into a memory.

Ian risked a trip to Henwy's house. The two had gotten into a short, mostly pointless argument, and Ian went to say sorry.

He gently knocked on Henwy's door and he answered.

Henwy looked angry. Rigid. Torn.

He invited Ian in and Ian thanked him and apologized.

Henwy nodded, thanked him as well, and strolled to a desk.

The two had a short conversation before continuing it outside on the dirt path that led out of the Living Chamber's reach. Ian asked Henwy a bit about his past, Henwy had told him.

He explained how his village was destroyed and he lived in the woods, traveling, surviving, until he found Sigils and Biffle. The two were living at a small cabin with Nico and his parents.

Then Henwy described the night his home was burned and the arsonists killed his adoptive parents.

"And I know exactly who killed them too," Henwy hissed, stopping at the end of the boarder.

"I have spent each and every day finding and hunting down each and every one of them," Henwy turned slowly to Ian and his heart threatened to beat out of his chest.

Ian had never intended to kill people when he was part of that group. He was only there to save people from the fire, and that one night he had failed.

Henwy had stabbed Ian through the chest and cut his heart out.

Then Crainer appeared in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Garry and Cherri managed to revive the two, but Ian couldn't forgive Henwy or himself for that matter.

"We should leave him there," Ian hissed, "He deserves it after everything he's done."

"What?! No! We can just keep killing each other!" Sigils protested. Ian glared at Sigils.

Maybe Henwy had changed. Maybe after destroying Season Two, he felt guilty and rebuilt his reputation.

Maybe he tried to break the never ending cycle of vengeance.

Maybe he had tried to soften the war-bound hearts of the members.

Maybe he was trying to reset.

Maybe he was trying to find an alternate path to follow.

Or maybe the others were bonded to death and he is searching for the path to redemption.