The Flight of the DarkFire

The Street Mercenary took a whiff of the black dust up his right nostril, letting its chemicals enhance his abilities and raid his mind. He tried to do the drug sparsely. The Mercenary would only use it on important missions, like today. He knew the drug could rot his brain if he used it too much, but if he didn't use it at all he would have died a long time ago. The Young killer lay on the back of the roach-infested wall, feeling his special ability grow in power in the forms of flames and bolts of magenta springing from his hand. The Young Man took in a deep breath and slid on his cybernetic kitsune mask.

Jim Bowe flipped his quarter several times in the air, catching it with his opposite hand. The Tale's Wharf was his domain, he had been chosen to watch it by his Crime Lord. Jim and his small gang were the guardians of the area for five years now, fighting against the foolish Mercenaries of other Lords. The wharf was a piece of land that all the Crime Lords wanted because it was another form of import.

Jim almost dropped his coin when he heard the screams of his men being slaughtered. The worn criminal quickly ran to the dock which was covered in crimson and the gore of his comrades to witness a mercenary. Jim noticed this killer wore a black and purple fox mask as it stabbed one of his men through the chest.

"Get Back!" Screamed Jim, "That's not just any killer, it's the Fucking DarkFire!"

Jim was a large man, covered in wounds, and had seen many fights. He had no reason to be scared of the man in the fox mask covered in Kevlar armor, jeans, and combat boots, but when Jim threw his right punch, he found himself surrounded by a flash of magenta and felt a sharp cut through his right shoulder blade.

"Did you think a simple punch could touch me?" Spoke the taunting voice of The Mercenary.

"No," Jim smiled, "But I got you now!"

Jim let out a scream and black bones broke through his skin and took to the form of spikes.

The DarkFire reacted by leaping off and pointing his black blade at his kill, "You made it all too easy."

A large ball of magenta energy flew from the tip of the DarkFire's blade and crashed into its back of Jim. The man let out a scream as blood erupted from his lungs and the magenta light greedily ate at his flesh.

When all was said and done a black smoking skeleton surrounded by carved bodies, blood, and gore was all that was left.

The DarkFire phoned in his Lord, "The wharf is yours."