The Tree Temple Chapter 7

Johnnie True Jr. ducked a blade made out of hardened skin, he backstepped from another thrust and stepped right to dodge an attack for his abdomen. The Wolf put his arms up to his face and shifted to the right to dodge a blow to his neck. The bug swordsman put up his arms in irritation and let out a screech and the Werewolf went on the offensive with a right punch into the abdomen. The Beetle swordsman went limp dropping his blades and crashing to the ground. Johnnie found his right fist covered in a thick green ooze. The Werewolf scrapped the slime on the ground and in one swift movement had the struggling Juliet Valentine in his arms again.

"Did yo ass just touch me after getting that green shit all over you?" Juliet asked.

Johnnie rolled his eyes and thought about leaving her right here, he sure would be able to move faster, "You know you are an ungrateful brat."

Juliet growled, "Well maybe if you treated me like a delicate fucking flower I wouldn't?"

Johnnie sneered as he began to run, "Maybe you can cut off that big dick of yours once in a while."

Juliet laid a punch into Johnnie's chest, "IT'S BIGGER THAN YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

***

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Isaac True screamed, "The Spider is coming for my eternal soul!"

Isaac True looked down in fear as the oversized spider came rushing for his flesh. When the spider reached him, it towered above the young boy, bearing its slimy fangs. Isaac let out another scream and a burst of magenta lightning and fire escaped from his body and almost sent the now burnt spider off of its web.

"Do you see?" Shawn said in exclamation, "You have the spirit of the mightiest warrior, release your magenta fighting spirit once again!"

The spider steaming a magenta smoke made its way for the helpful elf, Shawn with his right hand lose threw a dagger that smashed into one of the spider's many eyes. The bug beast roared in pain, flailing its legs in the air.

"Take that you many-legged fiend, you're dealing with two soldiers here!"

"Yeah, soldiers!" Isaac added.

"Isaac!" Shawn screamed, "Produce that beautiful explosion once again my friend."

Isaac nodded. The boy looked up at the spider and let his fear of being devoured rile up in his heart. The spider halted its intimidation and came for Isaac once again, the boy let out a scream and his powers activated a magenta blast, sending the large spider spiraling to the bottom of the giant tree it had secured as its home.

***

Tiana was in total darkness, she could feel spiny things touch her body, she could feel furry things try to enter her mouth, she felt dirt everywhere, she could feel herself suffocating, and then there was light.

Tiana threw up dirt and debris on her hands and knees, her clothes were tattered in smudged with grime, and her body ached. The young woman could see she was in some type of square room made from granite, on the wall was blue glowing moss and as she got her bearings she noticed skeletons. Skeletons of creatures with varied shapes and sizes, none seemed human. Tiana heard a slithering from behind her and swirled around to meet her foe.