The Mystery of the Gunslinger

The door to Omen's Tavern slammed open letting in a cold draft upon the scene. The residents of the bar and the bartender turned to see a slim silhouette in the doorway. The figure walked into the bar, showing the residents a worn brown cowboy hat, shiny green hair that had been coveted by the rain, a brown cloak dipped in moisture, followed by a white shirt, soaked blue jeans, and stylish khaki combat boots with spurs.

The residents of the bar soaked up the Gunslinger's image with their many eyes and multiple noses and their antennae followed as he walked by and others noticed a green ball of light following behind him. The Gunslinger sat at the bar, the water making squishing noises as he looked for his money. The Bartender with four eyes and a long tube for a mouth watched as three bronze coins came from the green-haired man's hands.

"What do you want?" Croaked the Bartender.

The Gunslinger lifted his hat and the bartender could make out chocolate-colored skin, "Gimme dat Ice poison on da rockz."

The Bartender nodded and began making the drink.

The Gunslinger kept his eyes sharp as his drink was being readied. He peered to the right and left from the brim of his hat, keeping his eye on the degenerates around him. The green ball of light rested on his shoulder and the light vanished revealing a fairy no bigger than a human's index finger. The fairy was female, with messy short green hair, a dress, and wings made from leaves.

"You think he's here." The Fairy whispered to the Gunslinger.

The Gunslinger nodded, "He'z hure," the Gunslinger pulled his hat over his eyes, "we jus gotta wait."

The Fairy nodded, "I guess."

The Bartender handed the Gunslinger his drink and the latter took down the alcoholic liquid in one swig.

"I ain't seen no one do that in all my days working here."

The Gunslinger gave a smile of a child, "Much practice."

The Bartender's many eyes lifted as he saw someone get up from a table. He was a burly creature with blue fur and a golden mane, he resembled that of a lion and seemed to be in a hurry.

"You leaving Ben?" asked the Bartender.

Ben gave a wave of his claw, "Got work, wife been yammering."

The lion man gave one last wave and headed outside into the storm.

As soon as he was out of sight, Ben immediately went on all fours and sprinted to his house, combating the navy-blue storm. The cat man knew that he was in trouble, he should not have taken the drugs but they helped so much. He knew the drugs were different, otherworldly and he knew he had someone after him. Was it the Society of the Unknown and their Black Agents or something else?

Ben let out a whine of a scream when he felt something grab him. The Cat man struggled as vines wrapped around his limbs and held him up in the air, where the cold rain taunted him.

"It wuz quite eazie to pick u out dere boy."

Ben looked down to see the Gunslinger and his ball of green light, "Let me go, it was just drugs, I didn't know?"

"You didn't know dem drugz came from anotha world, "The Gunslinger smiled, "I doubt dat dey all know."

"I just needed to pay bills." Argued the cat man.

The Gunslinger took out a six-shooter crafted from wood, vines, granite, and bits of steel, "Ur killin ur own kind with no remorse." The Gunslinger pulled down the hammer of his pistol," Ur causing fragm...frag..." Ben watched the green light fly by the Gunslinger's ear, "I know dat no shut up...frag...men..tation...between the dimensions."

"Please." Ben stammered, "Please, let me go no more drugs I promise."

The Gunslinger smiled, "Sorry pal."

A loud bang filled the air and the carcass of Ben was covered in thick brown branches.

TheGunslinger sighed, "Mizzion complete