The Farmer

In a faraway dimension, on a faraway planet, a tavern was nestled between mushrooms the size of skyscrapers, grass that challenged the tallest trees, and bugs the size of airplanes that cursed the sky. The small tavern held humanoids of all shapes, sizes, colors, species, and everything else in between. Within the mass of humanoids, a Gunslinger sat at an old wooden table. The Gunslinger was mostly human, with long, green, shiny hair, a brown cloak covering his white t-shirt, and wore blue-worn jeans, and khaki combat boots with spurs. A green ball of light flew around the Gunslinger and every time it circled him he sighed. To the left of the Gunslinger was a woman with pale skin, and snow-white hair. She wore a blue tank top, gray sweats, and white combat boots. She held a look of annoyance as she talked to the Gunslinger. The last person at the table sat across from the Gunslinger, her hair was a shiny silver with bright caramel skin, she wore a mixture of fur and leather made from animal hide and banged her utensils on the table with saliva dripping from her mouth.

"I'm pretty sure it was the farmer." The white-haired girl said, "Where are his wife and kids?"

"It ain't da farmer," The Gunslinger said, crossing his arms, "Altho it culd be?"

"Runt wants food!" chanted the silver-haired girl with the utensils, "Runt need food!"

"Runt!" said the white-haired girl, "Is that all you think about, what about those poor kids?"

"Luna, always thinks about the this and that, Runt worry about kids when Runts eat."

The Gunslinger chuckled.

"Don't laugh at Runt, Cowboy!"

"So, what are we going to do Cowboy Harris?" Luna asked.

Cowboy Harris the Gunslinger shrugged his shoulders, "We sho- "

Before the Gunslinger could finish his sentence the doors to the tavern swung open and the farmer they previously questioned walked upon the scene.

Luna smiled, "I'm going to question him."

"You sho u wanna do dat?" Said Cowboy Harris pulling down his cap, "He mite kill ya."

"He will probably eat the white-haired Luna." Added Runt with a smile, seeing her food.

Luna shook her head, "Come on Fairy be my backup."

The green ball of light shattered, revealing a chocolate-skinned fairy with short fizzy green hair and a dress and wings made from leaves.

"Sure," answered the fairy, "It's better than hanging around alcohol breath all day."

"Don't go too far, Indica," Cowboy Harris warned, "or we both see da light."

Indica sighed, "Don't I know, to be forever trapped with stupid."

Cowboy Harris waved the ungrateful fairy away.

Luna and Indica made their way to the bar of the tavern and Luna sat a seat away from the weary farmer. The old man said several things to the bartender and a drink of a transparent green liquid was passed toward him. Luna and Indica watched as the man grabbed the mug with hands stained red and took in a good swig.

"Did you see that?" Luna whispered to the Indica.

Indica landed next to Luna's ear, "He did do it!"

The farmer quickly finished his drink and headed out the backdoor. Luna followed shooting an "I told you so "glance at Cowboy Harris and Runt, as they passed.

Outside of the tavern, the weather was warm, the sun shined, and the large mushrooms and grass swayed. Luna and Indica stepped outside for the former to dodge a claw with a duck of her head. Indica released a yellow beam of energy from her hands and it hit the attacker in the right eye. Luna and Indica looked at the disfigured farmer before them, his right arm was large and furry, his clothes bulged with muscles, and his smile was filled with fangs.

"It was the farmer!" Luna and Indica screamed in unison.

The Farmer leaped towards the two and in seconds Luna had daggers in her hands crafted from her ice ability. With a hurt eye, the craze Farmer went for another swipe of the head but Luna ducked and went for a slice to the ribs. Ice quickly froze over the wound and continued freezing the monster of the man in place. The backdoors swung open, revealing Cowboy Harris and Runt with grease-covered over her mouth.

"Guess it wuz da farmer." Cowboy Harris said.

The Runt burped.