$ 28 $

·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

After the raid, Fezco started being super distant.

And Mariah wasn't taking it well. The slightest.

It'd been two weeks since Mariah last spent the night at his house, since for two weeks, Fezco stopped asking her to stay over or hang out at his house. Or even to hang out at all, since he was so busy trying to make the money he lost when he flushed all his new product down the toilet.

The only times Mariah saw him was when he would pick her up to take her to work, and then at work, and then when he took her home.

Every night that he drove out of Wayne's parking lot, Mariah hoped he would take her home with him, but he didn't. And every night her heart broke a little more. She knew he was extremely busy so she felt bad, she felt selfish for wanting some time with him. But she really fucking missed him.

She had been spending all her time with him for months now, she was so used to him. She couldn't not miss him when she was around him 24/7.

Mariah swore she was going literally fucking crazy.

And to top everything off, sometimes Fezco went the whole day without texting her. Again, she knew he was busy, but she literally wanted to die.

She hated him being distant. From what Ashtray told her, Fezco didn't think it was safe for her to be around so much, at least not until he was clear with Mouse.

Obviously there was someone–in this case, multiple people–trying to fuck him over, trying to get to him. I mean, his house just got fucking raided. Someone called the fucking cops on him.

Fezco didn't think that was at all safe for his girl, and that was his #1 job; keeping her safe.

He's her Superman, duh.

And while Mariah pointed out that he was her Superman in an attempt to assure him it was okay if she still went over, he claimed that she'd be the safest far from his house. Far from him, just for now.

"You neva know if I'll ever get pulled up on or sum," Fezco sighed over the phone one night while he ate some pizza in the kitchen. "Wouldn't want you there if I did."

"Don't say that. You're gonna make me cry," Mariah sniffled.

That was the last thing she wanted to think, to worry about. Mariah hated thinking that someone was out to get Fezco, but that was the hard truth.

On the other side of the phone, Fezco sighed deeply. He missed Mariah like fucking crazy, that feeling definitely wasn't one sided. He looked forward to the days that she worked to go pick her up and spend a few hours with her, watching her.

And his heart broke too every time she gave him a goodbye hug and kiss when he dropped her off at home.

He knew his distance was bothering his girl, but it's not like he wanted to be distant. He didn't have a choice, and he didn't have time.

Mariah only came over once after the raid, on Thanksgiving. Fezco had been working his ass off, doing everything he could to hustle a couple thousand dollars and decided to take a break for a day, picking his girl up from her empty house.