$ 38 $

·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

Mariah often had this recurring dream.

Like once a month, ever since her mom died, she dreamt that she was sitting in a field of tall grass and flowers, on some crocheted blanket. In the distance, there was a farmhouse.

She stayed in the same spot the whole dream, just sitting there in this field. Next to her on the blanket laid a bunch of different pink flowers picked from the field, which were her favorite.

Her mom would buy her a bouquet of pink flowers for her birthday every year before she died.

Some nights, her mom sat on the blanket with her, telling her that she needed to be patient with him. Her mom would tell her that he was amazing, and that he loved her, and that he would take care of her. He was outside the club.

"He's outside the club."

But Mariah couldn't speak; she couldn't ask her what she meant, or who was outside the club and what the fuck she was even talking about.

She couldn't seem to get off the blanket either, so she couldn't follow her mom into the fields when she got up and walked off.

Mariah couldn't move until he appeared.

"Come on, beautiful, is gettin dark out."

He would hold his hand out for her and she would take it, allowing him to help her off the ground. He would place a kiss on her forehead before lacing his fingers with hers, picking up the pink flowers and the blanket and leading her through the field and into the farmhouse.

Then he would press his forehead against hers and tell her that he loves her, but before Mariah could even see his face, she would wake up.

Mariah had this dream the night before Fezco showed up at the club after ghosting her for a week.

And she still woke up confused, like every other time she had woken up from this dream, not knowing who this man was.

Until last night, when Fezco woke her up mid dream. In her dream, she was just about to see his face when she was brought out of her dream and saw Fezco, who had been shaking and kissing her awake to ask if she wanted to go get iHop with him.

It wasn't just the fact that the dreamworld was playing with her and made her figure it out herself in the real world by giving her this dream and then waking her up to see her man, but it was the fact that he was waking her up at 1 a.m. to ask if she wanted to go eat pancakes.

He was literally the man of her dreams. Literally.

It had Mariah thinking–she'd been having this same dream for years. She believed in soulmates and shit like that, but was this soulmates on a whole other level. Because how was she dreaming of someone she hadn't ever met before, unless that someone was her soulmate times a million?

Then she got the crazy/funny idea that her mom sent him to her. It made sense because when she was still alive, she was always trying to hook Mariah up with a significant other, whether it be guys who dropped of packages at their doorstep or her friends' sons. Only if she believed they were worthy to date her daughter, of course.