$ 36 $

·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

Mariah is Fezco's first and–he hopes–his only love.

Staring at what used to be his grandma's ring on her finger now while she put the ornaments on the tree she forced him to put up with her in his living room so that she had somewhere to put the 10+ gifts she bought him that he scolded her for.

Staring at Mariah's ring took him back to before it was hers for a moment.

It was a few days after he broke up with her. He was in his grandma's room, had just finished giving her a sponge bath and was gathering her afternoon meds when he spotted the ring in a little jewelry plate, where a few other rings rested.

He had put it back with all her jewelry after she gave it to him, after she fell into her coma. He felt like it was only right, at least until he had someone to give it to like his grandma wanted.

If he ever even had anyone to give it to.

He froze in place as he twisted open one of grandma's pill bottles, staring at the ring shining in the sunlight which was dimmed by the curtains at the windows of the room, remembering the way Reyna's little eyes practically bulged out of her head when he showed her a picture of the ring to ask her if her titi would like it.

"You're going to ask her to be your wife???" Reyna gasped, making Fezco raise his eyebrows and put a finger to his lips at the raised volume of her voice, glancing behind the couch for a second at his girl in the kitchen as she waited for the popcorn to finish in the microwave for their movie night.

"Nah kid, it's just a lil gift cause I love her, you know what I'm sayin?" Fezco tried to explain. "Whatchu think? It's nice?"

Reyna aggressively nodded her head, scooting closer to Fezco to get another look at the picture.

"Yeah? You think she'll like it?" He asked, moving to place his arm around Reyna as she leaned into his side, taking his phone into her hand and making him pray she wouldn't swipe to the right a few times or else she'd be seeing one of his hands gripping one of her titi's bottom cheeks.

Reyna aggressively nodded her head again, making him laugh.

"It's really pretty. So you're gonna get married now?" She asked, not having understood his intention.

"Uh, nah, not yet. But one day, fosho," Fezco smiled as Reyna looked up at him.

"You want to marry her?" Reyna got all excited before leaning all close to whisper excitedly, "She wants to marry you too!!!"

Fezco kissed his teeth and squinted his eyes at her, "Yo, stop playin wit me."

"I'm not!! I'm for real!!" Reyna giggled.

Fezco smiled at that, she was a lot like Mariah.

His girl was always all giggly with him. He missed a lot of her when she wasn't his girl anymore, during their break up that they now pretend never ever happened for the sake of themselves.

Fezco didn't notice how big of a part Mariah played in his life until she was gone.

She consumed all his thoughts, and his personal space whenever she was around (not that he was complaining). She loved on him 24/7 and cuddled him and softly scratched his buzzed head or his back with her long acrylics that he almost always got the chance to pay for.