Chapter 5: Festival

TW

Monday

Natsuki's pov

The festival didn't start until noon, so all the clubs had time to prepare. With her cupcakes in hand Natsuki walked down the hallway passing students.

She looked to the window to see the sunrise. "hey... I heard that she died" a red head murmured. Natsuki stopped at that. 'Who died?' She thought "hey! Who died?" Natsuki ran up to them, dropping the cupcakes "That's a shame" the brunette shook her head, talking as if Natsuki wasn't there. "Hey! I'm talking to you! Who died!?" Natsuki yelled erradicly, and her heartbeat picking up. "Yeah, I heard that she hung herse-¥@-@π#¶&#--@£¥°¢$%@%^£÷|[™¢=π#(∆'~#=+@(£=¢℅

She looked to the window to see the sunrise. Walking towards the entrance of the literature club to see MC placing a banner with the words 'welcome to the literature club' written in purple with gold glitter over the door. As she walked in she was almost tackled by Sayori. "Those smell so good!" Sayori Screamed. Natsuki recovered from Sayori's attack and went into defense.

"You can't have any until after the festival Sayori!" Natsuki said as she was pushing Sayori away. "Oh hey Natsuki, you're here. Yuri can help you set up since she has nothing else to do" Monika rolled her eyes and pointing behind her to the wall flower.

She walked over to Yuri and looked at her from behind the cupcakes. Natsuki had six boxes of cupcakes that almost touched the ceiling, and she had to move slowly to not drop them. Yuri was, of course, reading her fat book. "Hey Yuri, do you think you could actually do something useful and help me?" Natsuki growled making Yuri jump. "O-of course Natsuki" Yuri said after calming herself. She grabbed three of the boxes and followed Natsuki to the table. In the boxes were pink, purple, and blue cupcakes.

"Natsuki, these look really good" Yuri looked to the pinkete and smiled "Of course they do, I made them." Natsuki smirked at the thought of impressing Yuri. They set the cupcakes in a neat square next to the goody bags Monika probly made last minute.

After fixing the cupcakes to look good, Yuri sat back down to read. Natsuki walked over to Monika to look for more work. "Hey is there anything else I can help with?" Natsuki asked walking up to an irritated Monika. She was watching Sayori and MC talk about the banner. "Nope. I think that's all, but when it's lunchtime we were all going to eat together" Monika said turning to Natsuki. Immediately putting her fake smile on. "Sure, I don't have anywhere else I need to be" Natsuki said as she walked to the closet.

Inside the closet she walked over to her collection of Nekoduke! and grabbed the closest one to her. The closet had a light that Natsuki put in there so she didn't have to leave the closet. She sat on a pillow she brought and started to read. In her collection she also had; Love so life, Himouto! Umaru-chan, Itoshi no Karin, and Mirai Nikki. Her friend had recommended Mirai Nikki, but she hadn't liked it so she only had the first volume.

The light in the closet started to flicker as Natsuki read the first five pages. She walked to the entrance of the closet and opened the door. "Monika! Where are the extra light bulbs?" Natsuki shouted across the room. "Yuri, could you fix the light? The bulbs are on the top shelf" Monika looked over to Yuri. "S-sure I'll help" Yuri gracefully got up from the chair and walked over. "I didn't need help fixing it! I can do it myself!" Natsuki screamed, trying to scare Yuri away. "Well, I don't want to clean up broken glass because you're stubborn. Although I'm busy, Yuri can help you. End of story Natsuki." Monika firmly said.

Yuri walked into the closet and grabbed the light bulbs. With the top shelf at eye level for Yuri she could grab it easily. The light would be harder as she had to get on her tip-toes to reach the other light. After unscrewing the other light and handing it to Natsuki, she screwed the new one in. Putting her feet flat on the ground, Yuri walked over and took the dead bulb while going to the light switch. She turned the new light on with a smile of her accomplishments. Then left the closet, knowing she wasn't going to be thanked.

A bit of time passed before Natsuki's reading was interrupted by a knock on the closet door. "Hey Natsuki were going to eat lunch" Monika said before walking away. Natsuki jumped up and flipped the light switch before opening the door. She followed the group as they walked over to a bench underneath a tree. Natsuki sat next to Yuri while talking to the others. "Natsuki where is your lunch?" Sayori asked with her mouth stuffed. "I just forgot it at home, but I'll eat as soon as I get home" Natsuki lied. Yuri looked at Natsuki with a worried glance before immediately looking to her food because Natsuki caught her.

Before Natsuki could say anything, a member of the art club walked up. "Hey, can three of you help us? We have a piece we want to set up but we need help" he pointed to Monika, Sayori and MC since they were right next to each other. "Sure we can help" Monika stated as all three stood up and followed him. Yuri watched them until they were out of sight and sighed as she handed Natsuki her lunch.

"I-I'm not hungry and it will go to waste if you don't eat it" Yuri said before Natsuki could protest. Yuri was still looking towards the way the others left. "Hey! I didn't ask for your food! Why are you still looking that way?" Natsuki was confused by Yuri's actions. "O-oh um I just spaced out. I h-haven't taken a bite or anything. I'm just not hungry." Yuri looked over to Natsuki with her deep purple eyes. "Well, I'm not going to let free food go to waste, but it's not like I'll like it or anything!" Natsuki started to eat the hot lunch.

A cloud passed over the sun casting a shadow over the school. "Hey, there's this thing I want to do with someone, but I don't know if they will like it or not. What do you think I should do?" Natsuki asked while still looking at the food. "W-well... I think you should trust your gut" Yuri said confidently. "Thanks, Yur-" Natsuki looked over to Yuri and froze.

Yuri was giggling while holding something close to her stomach. The more Natsuki looked at her, trying to focus her eyes to the ever growing darkness, the more red stained Yuri's blazer became.

Eventually Natsuki could see Yuri again and was horrified by the knife sticking out of her stomach. "Yuri! What the hell? Did you stab yourself?" Natsuki screamed only to be answered by louder laughing. Yuri reached for the knife and slowly pulled it out. Only to immediately drive it into her chest. "hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-%#&@^×£~}+7$=£[©-#)@;'^√£×'[

A cloud passed over the sun casting a shadow over the school. Natsuki couldn't shake the feeling that she had already had this conversation. She felt like this was Daja vu or something. She continued to eat in silence. Yuri just sat there and looked at the tree. After finishing, Natsuki decided to look for the others.

Once the festival began people started wandering around the literature club. Some were Natsuki's friends while others were only there for the cupcakes. The poem sharing was bad, Yuri had almost fainted at the start, and had stuttered the whole time. MC'S was, of course, a bunch of random words. Sayori forgot her poem so she had to make a new one in five minutes. Monika's was perfect and Natsuki thought she did well.

Afterwards, everyone except Yuri ate cupcakes and talked. Yuri had left early, claiming that her head hurt. Natsuki swept the floor while the others cleaned and arranged the desks. People had thrown wrappers and crumbs on the floor. When Natsuki was finished, she helped take the fliers around the school down while MC tore the banner down. Then they were finished and Natsuki went home for the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monika was on her laptop looking over the charter files for something new. She had done this everyday so she expected nothing new. This was the first time she let the game progress past the first week.

Sayori had felt less depressed over the weekend, which Monika found abnormal. Usually all it took to kill Sayori was a few words this far in the week, but she was still alive shockingly. She looked over at Sayori's file. Everything was the same except she depressed stat wasn't at the max capacity. She looked at Natsuki's file and nothing new came up. She expected nothing less of Yuri's file.

As she looked through Yuri's file nothing was different, but at the bottom Monika found a new file with a red eye as an image. She opened it up expecting a blank file only to be promoted with the download window. She looked for the cancel button not wanting to break the game, but couldn't find it.

All she could do is watch in horror as it downloaded, and hope it didn't ruin anything. She couldn't risk shutting the laptop down as it could cause problems to the world she lived in. It was a relatively slow download, so it must have been big. Big enough to notice and deal with tomorrow if troublesome. As soon as it finished, she shut her laptop and laid in her bed thinking about tomorrow's dilemma.