Chapter 17: Perspective

Same Thursday

Natsuki's pov

"Have you talked to her recently?" Sayori asked Natsuki. "Yeah, why?" Natsuki asked in the desk facing Sayori's. The had moved the two desks to be facing each other as they talked. "Because she seems sad, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me who has seen it" Sayori said, sounding worried for Yuri. "She isn't Sayori, I think she's just tired. Don't worry" Natsuki lied. She had noticed it too, but she didn't want Sayori to continue worrying.

"Oh, that makes since" Sayori said cheering up. After a few more minutes of talking, Yuri quietly walked through the door. After finishing her conversation with Sayori, Natsuki jumped up to go talk to Yuri. She was filled with disappointment to see MC already talking to her.

Natsuki figured after a few seconds he would leave and she could talk to Yuri, but instead he pushed a desk next to her and began to read. Unamused by the situation, Natsuki walked over to Monika to ask a question. "Hey, shouldn't we start..." looking at her face, Natsuki could tell that Monika wasn't listening. She was glaring in the direction of the pair reading together.

Natsuki's face practically mirrored Monika's after seeing how close MC was to Yuri. She couldn't help but stare, annoyed for a reason she couldn't quite understand. Yuri looked up from her book to Natsuki's surprise. She expected Yuri to be completely distracted by her book. Yuri looked over to Sayori and Elyssa before her violet eyes looked over at her and Monika.

Natsuki was practically frozen. Yuri didn't usually have the ability to shut her brain down like that, but the book worm had accomplished just that today. After a split second of staring, Yuri had already looked back to her book. A little to late Natsuki realized the face she had just made at Yuri. She probably looked pissed, but before she could think about it more Monika finished spacing out and decided it was the perfect time to share poems.

Natsuki grabbed her poem, and was once again disappointed to see Mr. Goody Two Shoes the Two Faced Asshole already sharing his poem with Yuri. So after sharing with Sayori she started to walk over to the pair. "Your poem was gre-" Sayori started as Natsuki had turned. "Yeah, thanks Sayori" she said as she walked away.

"It's time to switch partners" Natsuki huffed, not wanting to share her poem with MC, but also not yet ready to share it with Yuri. She decided to share her poem with Yuri last, and handed her poem to MC. She didn't read MC'S poem, if you would even call it reading... or a poem. 

Natsuki couldn't understand how he was still getting away with this garbage. If it was any other day than today, she probably would've gone off on him. Though, it was better not to start a fight today, so she let sleeping dogs lie for now.

After sharing her poem with everyone else, she handed hers to Yuri. "Let's get this over with" Natsuki said mostly to herself. She was nervous about this poem because it was entirely different from every other poem she had made in every way. 

"I know it's longer than my others, but a short poem wouldn't cut it this time" Natsuki told Yuri. "I don't usually use some of those words. I thought it would make the poem nicer though" she continued to explain. Yuri smiled a little as she continued to look at the poem before saying anything.

"I think it's perfect Natsuki" Yuri said as she handed the poem back. Natsuki looked away for a moment before speaking to Yuri again. "I don't think they grow here, but I have seen a picture of them. They are really pretty, so I wanted to make a poem about it" she said smiling. "... Ah, You'll have to show me a picture sometime" Yuri said, seemingly more nervous than before.

'What a mood swing' Natsuki thought, though she knew there was a possibility it was something else. "I have to go, but your poem was amazing Natsuki" Yuri said before telling Monika she was leaving the room. Natsuki figured she was just going to restroom as she had been seemingly been doing all week.

"Okay, everyone! Club time is over. You can all head home, I'm just going to tidy up before I leave" Monika said before turning to the teachers desk. After packing up, Natsuki headed towards the school entrance. She looked over her poem as she opened the school doors. "Are you sure you don't like Yuri?" Sayori popped out of nowhere and asked. Natsuki jumped at the sudden noise, she didn't expect Sayori to be standing at the entrance of the school.

"Yes I'm sure I don't like Yuri. I'm just..." Natsuki couldn't say she is worried for Yuri, she had told Sayori not to worry. It was a lie anyway. It's crazy that you can have your eyes open, but still be blind to some things. She hadn't realized until Saturday that Yuri helped her much more than she thought. Natsuki figured it was just a weird friendship, and that's what it could be. She wanted to hear that from Yuri before just assuming that's all it is.

"Just what?" Sayori asked as she stared intensely. "I'm just trying to be better friends with her" Natsuki said as she folded the paper and put it in her pocket. "Okay" Sayori sighed happily and went back to being her bubbly self.

"You know, we all should hang out like we did this weekend more often" Sayori said as she began to walk. "Yeah, but it might be months before we do that again" Natsuki said following the happy girl. "It's fine! It'll go by in a snap" Sayori said as she snapped her fingers multiple times. They both continued to joke around as they walked home before they had to go there separate ways.

Before I wrote this book, I was inspired by some things from the actual game or even from things DDLC fans made. Here is something kinda like that:

 Here is something kinda like that: