Contempt pt. 2

Natsuki's pov

"What are you reading that's more interesting than talking to us?" Natsuki asked from behind the couch, which caused Yuri to jump. She closed the book and handed it to Natsuki. The book's title, 'Rage' was written in big red letters, and below that was a young man sitting on the teachers desk. Natsuki assumed the person shown on the floor would be the teacher. 

Natsuki couldn't understand why Yuri would read a book like that, or any of the other books this author made. There was another book she had read by him with a bloody hand on the cover, though she couldn't remember it's title. She wouldn't be surprised if Yuri had a hole bookcase filled by Bachman.

"Boring! We're talking about what we should have for dinner. I'm sure you want some sort of say in that" Natsuki said placing the book on the couch. "Okay, just give me a second" Yuri said in response. She waited on Yuri to stand up before walking back to the kitchen with her. "-Pineapple does not belong on pizza! If we're getting pizza it has to be meat lovers!" Elyssa said to the two other girls.

"We can make something here too guys" Sayori said looking to Natsuki and Yuri as they walked into the kitchen. "Who would cook if we did? MC made it sound like you almost burn the house down just being near a stove" Natsuki said. She would just ignore what he said, but better safe than sorry. Sayori opened her mouth to speak, but that was as far as she could get to responding.

"MC doesn't know what he is talking about. I can't recall the last time he did, considering all the things he says are incoherent" Yuri said. This caused Sayori to smile brightly, and Elyssa was slightly nodding her head in agreement. Monika, on the other hand, was glaring at Yuri, and Natsuki didn't understand why. Sayori was her friend, and MC seemed to like putting her down. Yuri and Monika seemed to like glaring at each other, so Natsuki dropped it until she could ask one of them about it.

"Sorry for assuming what MC said was possibly true" Natsuki apologized to Sayori. Being unfazed by this, Sayori hugged Natsuki and told her it was okay. "I mean, most of you haven't seen my cooking before, so I understand" she said before backing out of the hug.

"I'll just make waffles" Sayori said, dismissing the others. Everyone agreed to that, but even if they didn't Sayori made it sound like there was no room to argue. 

Yuri walked back into the living room and sat on the couch to read again, leaving the other three girls to stand around awkwardly around the room. Even though it was Natsuki's idea to have a sleepover here, she hadn't actually been over to Sayori's house.

Elyssa, Monika, and Natsuki all stood around the living room for what seemed like an attorney before one of them moved. Elyssa walked over to the couch and sat beside Yuri. There was an awkward silence up until Sayori said the dinner was done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner Sayori set up mattresses with clean sheets on the floor of her room for the girls to sleep on. Although only one of them wasn't an air mattress, so they had to draw straws for the regular mattress. Unfortunately for Natsuki, Monika drew the shorter straw, meaning she got to claim the better mattress.

After a few hours of talking about random things, all of them finally fell asleep.