Chapter 7: Fight

TW

Wednesday

Monika's pov

Monika sighed as she looked over the file of Jane. She couldn't change it now that she was dead, but she could look at the injuries and cause of death. She couldn't reset the file or see who killed her unfortunately, but she had a feeling it had something to do with that download from Monday. 

Monika looked up to see everyone already there and doing their normal activities. She stood up to address the club after taking a deep breath. "Okay, everyone! Yesterday we picked out our partners, so let's get with them to read!" Monika said energetically to hide that she was tired. 

She didn't want to deal with the same group of people for the twentieth time. At least Elyssa was new to her. She walked over to MC to read, and found him staring of towards the other side of the room. She followed his gaze and furrowed her brows in disappointment. She had caught him staring at Yuri's boobs, and deeply sighed in annoyance. "Hey MC, what do you bring to read? I was running late and couldn't grab a book" Monika said ignoring what he was looking at. "Oh, I brought my favorite manga, Boruto" he said cheerfully as he turned to Monika.

As they started to read, Yuri and Natsuki started fighting. "Well, at least I don't think that boring books like 'Portrait of Markov' are the best thing I have ever read! I have some taste!" Natsuki yelled. You could see the sour face Yuri was making, looking over to Elyssa she had the same face. Sayori just looked confused about it. "The Portrait of Markov is not boring!" Yuri and Elyssa yelled making their voices sound like one loud voice.

 "MC, you should probably go outside for a minute. You too Sayori and Elyssa" Monika said trying to keep everything under control. MC and Sayori walked out the door, but Elyssa hesitated. "It would be best to leave, they have fights like this all the time, I just want to make sure you all don't get hurt" Monika said over the yelling. She convinced Elyssa to leave the room and turned around. "Why do you always have to be an edgy bitch Yuri!" Natsuki screamed her face red. Natsuki pushed Yuri back for space and Yuri fell over at the sudden change in her weight.

They were probably about to get physical, and Natsuki would beat Yuri's ass. Monika turned around to go work on something else while she waited for them to finish, but a window popped up. 'Third eye overloaded' the only button she could press was ok.

 After she pushed it, she heard a loud thump from behind her. She turned around to see Yuri choking Natsuki. "W̵̢̘̱͈̹̽͛h̴̟͈̾̒ó̸̼ ̷͑͗͘ͅi̴̙͒̓̊̂̂s̵̡͋ ̵̝̗̹̃͜t̴̨̠͔̍h̷̬͉̱͕̒̊̎̑̕ȩ̸͓͔̒͆ ̶̛̮̯̘b̶̹̗̼̗͍̈́̈́́͑i̴͔͊ț̸̫́̅ͅc̶͓̻̼̙̓̈́h̷̙̩̅̏̽ ̶̹̥͈̲̋͝n̴͕͇̟̓͌̚̚o̴͇͕̿w̶̓̈́̃̕͜͝ͅ ̶̗͈͉̭̓́̈͐͊Ṇ̷̢̈́ą̷̨͎͖̼̓͗̄͝t̸̨͔̽s̴̖͙̃̂͋ų̶̼̘̋̿̃̍͐k̴̯̹̑͑͘͠ĭ̷̛͓̝̤͍̋̇͠?̴̘͈̐̾̅̍" Yuri growled, her text broken. Natsuki was struggling to reach Yuri's face to punch her. "Ẃ̷͍͋ḥ̷̝̉ä̴̩͍́ť̵̘́?̴̡͇̈́ ̴̗͗n̶͍̥̿ô̵͉̰̕w̵̱̆ ̴̧͐̈́ͅẙ̷̢͈̉o̷͇͙͘ǘ̵̹͆͜ ̷̹̱̓d̸̘̋͝ó̵͍n̸̺͂'̶̹͎̿̈́t̶̮̋͊ ̷̛̣̲w̶̥͚̐a̵̳͂͆n̶̲̪̐̍ẗ̶̰́͐ ̷̥̋t̷͓̫̄̂ò̴̹̌ ̸͔̉̈́t̸̯̾ͅa̶͉̾́l̶̖͒͗k̴̫͎͝?̷̠̕" Natsuki kicked Yuri away and gasped for air."What the hell Yuri? " Natsuki said in a raspy voice. As Yuri sat up right she was shaking, and her breath was hitched. Her hair hid her face, but she was definitely crying. She took a deep breath, and moved her hand up. She looked like she was fighting herself, and Monika was confused.

"Don't do it." Yuri said, her text somehow fixed. She was reaching her hand towards herself. As her hand neared her neck, she took a deep breath, and placed her hand on her neck firmly. Monika didn't know what was happening until she walked closer. 'She is strangling herself!' Monika thought in disbelief. She erradicly pulled up her menu and reset the scene.

Natsuki was reading with Sayori while Yuri was with Elyssa. They all calmly read for the rest of club. She read with MC, and felt all her worry melt away. MC just calms her. After a stressful week, he made her feel better. Sayori went home with her dad, who had picked her up near the end of club. Everyone else had walked home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monika flopped down on her bead with her laptop, determined to get rid of that third eye program. She looked over at Yuri's file and tapped on the eye. A window popped up saying an error had occurred Monika frustratingly clicked ok before trying again, and the same error message popped up. She continued trying until she was tired and put her laptop away and fell asleep.

Thank you for reading so far and for 100 reads! A special thanks to @imyourgodnowfearme for making this more fun than it already was. :)