Chapter 12: Rest

Wednesday

Natsuki's pov

"I didn't realize you and Yuri were such good friends" Natsuki was talking to Sayori as they walked to the literature club. "Yeah! I've known her since we were 15" Sayori was skipping beside her, holding her backpack as she did so. "Crazy. I hadn't seen her before the club was made last year" Natsuki said as she walked into club. "See you later Sayori" she said walking to the closet. "See ya!" Sayori said in response, walking over to Monika.

Natsuki mostly just cleaned the closet because of how dirty she had let it get. Plenty of wrappers on the floor and manga scattered around. Luckily, none of them were bent like she thought they would be. After she finished, she peered out the closet to see Monika talking to MC, and Elyssa talking to Sayori. Yuri was reading so Natsuki thought it would be the perfect time to ask about yesterday.

"Hey Yuri" she said as she walked over. Yuri said nothing with her eyes still glued to the book instead of Natsuki. "Yuri" Natsuki shook her to get her attention. Yuri jumped and let out a squeak, causing Natsuki to smile. "Do you remember anything crazy about yesterday?" She asked as she sat in the desk next to Yuri.

 "No, I don't think anything out of the ordinary happened. Other than you came in yesterday and said you ran into a pole" she said looking at Natsuki pointing to her bruised face. "Are you sure nothing happened?" She pushed. "No, nothing Natsuki" she said irritated. Yuri seemed to be more upset and mad recently. Almost anything set her off, like she had something constantly on her mind. She did her best to hide her irritation, but when she talked Natsuki- and probably the others- could hear it.

"Hey Yuri, are you busy after school?" as Natsuki said this Yuri stiffened up like she had just insulted her. "Depends. Why." She said stiffly. Her hands were balled into fists and she was looking to the front of the room. She looked vary upset over something, and Natsuki looked over at what Yuri was looking at. Monika was working at the desk, and nobody was next to her, so it had to be Monika she was looking at.

"I just wanted to show you something if you weren't busy" Natsuki said confused. "Here?" She said without looking away. "Oh no. Not here, but I wanted it to be a surprise if that's fine" Yuri finally relaxed, and took a few deep breaths before answering her. "I'm not busy actually. I have nothing at my house I need to do" she said looking over at Natsuki. "Okay, everyone! Time for poems" Monika declared. Yuri and Natsuki shared with each other first. Handing their poems to one another.

You think

Cast your blame down on to me

For I am the one at the center

Your sorrows, your fear, your hatred

Cast them upon me

For I am different

I shall stay silent, I shall listen, I shall suffer

Cast your problems upon me

For I could never be harmed by your words

Or so you think

After they shared poems with the others it was time to leave. When Yuri finished packing up Natsuki grabbed her by her sleeve and began to drag her along. "Where are we going Natsuki?" Yuri asked trying to keep up.

 "You'll see" she said dragging her out of town. They walked for a little while longer before Natsuki climbed over a gate into a field. "Isn't this trespassing?" Yuri said nervously while playing with her hair. "Nah, my uncle owns this field, but he doesn't do anything with it" Natsuki said helping her up. 

They walked further into the field and up a hill. Natsuki sat down after flattening the grass around them. "So why are we here?" Yuri asked, still standing. "Because. I figured you needed to cool down, and this is a really nice spot I like to go to" she said tugging on her hand to get her to sit. "Natsuki, I don't need to cool down. I'm fine" she said sitting down. "Yuri I'm sure that I am not the only one at the club who can tell you've been upset recently" she said looking at the sky's clouds.

"Oh... so it's that noticeable" Yuri said in a sad tone bringing her knees to her chest, and put her arms on top of her knees. She rested her head on her arms lightly. Natsuki looked down to see why Yuri wasn't worried about showing her under skirt. She... she wears black shorts under her skirt. Why didn't I think of that? Natsuki thought. They would have been great for when Natsuki wanted to climb things, but right now was not the time to be thinking about shorts. "These past few weeks have been overwhelming for me" Yuri said as her composure broke. 

"I have these big problems I need to deal with, and nobody could even help me because of how bad they are" she said as she started to cry. Yuri buried her face in between her arms. "I didn't want to worry anyone, but I guess I'm bad at that too" she mumbled. Natsuki stood up and sat down behind Yuri, and hugged her from behind resting her head on Yuri's back. Natsuki's hands wrapped around Yuri at her shoulders, and Yuri started shaking.

Natsuki assumed it was because she started crying harder because she heard muffled sobs coming from Yuri. She was mumbling things to herself, but Natsuki could only make out a few words. They sat like that for a while before Yuri stopped shaking, but she was still crying. Natsuki almost fell asleep on Yuri's back, until she started talking to her. "I'm sorry Natsuki" she murmured. "Hm? What are you sorry for?" Natsuki whispered sleepily.

"For worrying you, and for getting upset over everything" Yuri's voice broke as she talked. "No... it's okay. I get angry at everything all the time too" Natsuki mumbled. After half an hour of Natsuki practically sleeping on Yuri's back, and Yuri finally calming down, they stood up to say goodbye to each other.

"Thank you Natsuki for making me feel better" Yuri gave Natsuki a hug. "Oh, uh... It was nothing. Don't worry about it" Natsuki said after they broke their hug. She helped Yuri over the fence and parted ways.

Natsuki opened the door slowly and walked inside. Her dad was drunk on the couch watching a movie. Natsuki took this to her advantage. She texted Sayori before trying anything to see if it was okay with her.

:cupcake-master3000

hey what do you think about a sleepover at your house on Friday with the club and we all stay over the next day and make cupcakes and do other fun stuff

sayo-sunshine: okay but only if I get to beat you in Mario kart!

Natsuki turned her phone off and walked up to her dad. "Do you think I could have a sleepover at Sayori's on Friday and Saturday?" She asked him. He was much easier to deal with when he was drunk. "Sure, take a twenty with you and get out of my face" he pulled some money out and gave it to her. She ran to her room with the money and stayed in her room for the rest of the day.