Chapter 13: Faulty

TW

Thursday

Natsuki's pov

"Natsuki it would be best if you actually look at the board to learn" Natsuki's math teacher said from the front of the room. She had been daydreaming, and forgot to look like she was paying attention. The teacher turned back to the board. Just then the bell rang. "Okay! You all have homework in pages 137-138 on questions 20-30!" The teacher yelled as everyone packed up. Natsuki picked up her mess of a desk and left for the literature club.

As Natsuki headed towards the literature club, she heard a whimpering sound coming from the hall opposite of the way she was going. She figured someone twisted something while walking, and went to see if they needed help. As she neared the hall, the sound cut off randomly. Even if the sound had stopped she might as well go check on them to make sure they were okay.

She turned the corner and looked down both halls, and at one end a person was lying on the floor. She started running towards them to help. As she neared though, she could see the crimson pool surrounding the brunette girl. Her arms were bruised, but not broken and she had multiple cuts along her legs and neck.

Natsuki felt like she was going to puke, but she wanted to identify who the girl was so she searched her. She found her school identification card in her inside pocket. Natsuki immediately recognized the name as a popular girl in their school. The girl was one of Jane's friends, and she was really close to her before Jane died. Natsuki looked around the girl and the hall noticing all the markings around her. There was blood smeared along the wall, as if a person were bleeding and used the wall as support. Shoe prints were stained to the floor all around assuming the culprit walked around before leaving.

There was a note taped to the end of the hallway, around arms length away from Vanessa, the girl on the floor. Natsuki walked over and plucked the paper off the wall, and opened it to find words written in ink. As she read the paper, a little tapping noise was made behind her. 

'Watch your back' was all it said. Before she could turn around, she heard giggling as she was forced against the wall. Her shoulder was met with a sharp knife that drove halfway into her. Natsuki let out a yelp of pain as it dug into her shoulder. The digging abruptly stopped, and a loud noise was head. Natsuki opened her eyes to see a vary mangled arm right next to her face.

"Wanna hear something funny? EVERYTHING I'VE DONE SO FAR HASN'T EVEN BEEN MET WITH SUSPICION!" Natsuki assumed Lily was talking, mostly because she was sure Yuri wouldn't try to drive a knife all the way through her shoulder. Lily, of course, was laughing like someone had just told her an extremely funny joke.

"No teachers...no principles...not even the police. Haha, they saw that blonde bitch and immediately pointed a finger into the dark! Blaming it on some random person they would never find! Just to keep everyone calm. Or what about that boy who hit you!? Nothing was even done about him. They just cleaned the mess up and stayed quiet about the whole thing! I know why of course, but I've been rambling. What do you think about it NATS?" Yuri's arm was bleeding onto the wall. It made a sparkly, deep, red waterfall right next to Natsuki's face.

Lily continued to laugh as Natsuki struggled to try and get out of her grip. "Fuck you Lily" she spat. Lily threw Natsuki to the ground, causing the knife that never left her shoulder to jostle as it hit the floor. Natsuki winced in pain, but said nothing as Lily pulled the knife out and placed it against her neck. "̸̛͙͇͔̱̯̻̣̺͛͑̊͐Ẏ̶̺̘̥̌͌̀͊̓͝͠o̶̖̪͕̒̌͆̎u̴̮͕͐̄̅̇͋͆̋͘ ̵̨̬̼͙̳̂̄̃c̶̤͉̤̹̫͙͚̲̃͊ǫ̴̡̬̮͔̲̻̗̆u̵͙͎͎̍̔͗̋̄͘̕͠ͅl̴̛͈̫̓d̸̡̢̦̗̺̼̼͗̔̀͒͝n̶̺͔̬͑̈́͐̎͂͑̂͜͜'̷̰͓̤͖̞̰̼̿̉͒̕͜ť̶̗̺̲͇̦̦͔̺͋̀̈́̉͑̓̀ ̸̨͎̠͎͂̉͗̏͗͠p̴͔̫͍͔̫̎̈́̂̋͒͐͝ó̵̩̠̼͇̹͈͍͗͂s̷̮̺̾s̷̳͖̩̎͊͂̐̌͐͜i̷̺͓̩̫͐̌̽̀̚͠b̶̧̫̺̺͐́̽̇̈́l̸̞̅́ẏ̸̟̣̜̗̰̠̯̊ ̴͎̙̝͍͖̇̌͛͒͘m̴̉̉̐̄̚̚͜͝ê̸̡̞̞͎̩̞̑̕͝a̵̐́͘ͅn̸͕̞̳̒ ̸̛͈̺͙̒͠ţ̶̺͌̉̀̊́ĥ̵̖̗̑ã̵̦̦͛́͒̄̽͠ţ̶̫̔͋̀͛̋͒̕,̴̩̬͎̹͖͉̣̙̾͋̉́̒̚͝ ̶̦͕̃̈́̄͑̃ͅc̶̫̃͆̾͋̀͊͠o̸̼̖̗͕̻̪̦̓̿̈̌ṳ̷͎̙͓̥̠̰͛̅̇ḷ̸̢̖͎͊̀̏̑͆́͘ͅd̴͎̪͒ͅ ̶͖̮̊́͘͜͠y̵̧̡̹̹͚͈̒̎̍̍ò̶̲̪̔̍͛̈̒̔̕u̸͙̜͔̜͗̄͆̈́̊̊͐͘ ̵̧̤͒͌̏̍ͅͅN̷̢̮̹͌͑͂̄͒̽̇̕a̶̦̪̞̣̿̏̓̓͗ͅt̶̼͍̮͇̬̃̃͋̀̾͘s̴̢̘̼̙̟̊̋̅̀̕͠u̶̧̜̟͛͛̆͛̎̈͊k̶̺̻̟͕͇̬̿͐͋̾ͅî̵̡͚̯̤̪̖̔̌̊?̷̡͚̜̅ ̵̢̜̈́"̵͓͌͒̐̅ 

Natsuki headed towards the literature club, excited for the day to end.  Then she could go home and relax on her bed. She was late, so as soon as she arrived Monika tried to start up poem sharing. " Okay ever-" she was cut off abruptly by the walking cinnamon roll herself. "Okay everyone! I'm hijacking this announcement!" Sayori said as she climbed onto the teachers desk. 

Monika rolled her chair back to give her some space. She probably figured Sayori would fall with how clumsy she was. "I'm having a sleepover at my house with Natsuki on Friday! And I want you to join!" She pointed to Monika. "And you! And you!" She pointed to Yuri and Elyssa. They wall agreed and Sayori hopped down from the desk. Everyone moved closer to talk about it. "My dad won't be home Friday or Saturday, so he said no boys" Sayori informed the group. MC was in the room, but he wasn't paying attention anyway. "Doesn't your dad know you're..." Monika trailed off and started making hand gestures.

"Yeah, he does. He still doesn't want boys over when he isn't home though. Says 'boys don't care what you think, no boy's over while I'm gone'" Sayori said the last part in a gruff voice.  "But Saturday we could do all sorts of things! Like play games or bake something" Sayori smiled.

After club ended Natsuki walked home. Her dad was still at work, so she just did her chores. She swept, cooked, sprayed, and wiped until it was all done. Finally she walked to her room to start her poem. The best part of her day besides sharing them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mother, Father, I'm home!" Yuri walked through the door, and took her shoes off to put them in their respected place. "Yuri? Dear please come to the kitchen" her mother said in response. As she walked into the kitchen, she noticed there was another man. He turned around to greet Yuri and she froze. "Why, hello Yuri. I didn't expect you to be back so soon" he said in a sweet, low voice.

"H-hello Dr. Reiner"