Chapter 10: Mondays

TW

Monday

Yuri's pov

Yuri walked into the clubroom with her knife in her hand. She walked over to the closet silently, so people outside the room wouldn't hear. It was after hours and only the teachers were here. She slowly turned the knob and pulled the door open. 

As she stepped inside she turned around and closed the door behind her. She flipped the lights on and looked around. It was a fairly small closet, jut enough room to walk in. The shelves started from her knees and ended near the selling. Gripping the knife tightly, she used it and repeatedly cut into her arm. She slowly worked her way up, and had multiple cuts crossing another as she did so. She did it all the way up to her shoulder.

Yuri woke up in her room with a fountain of blood spilling onto the floor. She was standing with a bloody fixed blade knife in her hands. The blood was a continuous flow from both her arms, splashing as it hit the floor. She had wood floors, so it wouldn't be hard to clean, but she wasn't worried about that. 

She grabbed her phone and called Sayori. "Hello?" Sayori said yawning. "Hey, did I wake you? Sorry" Yuri said with a shaky voice. "Well it is 2 in the morning, so I would say yes" Sayori giggled sleepily over the phone. Yuri looked at the time on her phone. It flashed '2:05' with a picture of the club behind it. They had taken the picture before the festival, and before MC showed up. Everyone was smiling, and it looked so genuine. If she were to take another picture she knew she would have to fake it.

"Sorry, I just needed to talk" blood still pouring from her cuts. "It's fine. My dad is asleep, so give me a second to go outside" Yuri heard the ruffle of Sayori's bed as she stood up and walked to her front door. "Thanks Sayori" Yuri said and took a deep breath to calm down. "Anytime Yuri, I'm glad you called" Sayori closed the door and sat down in the grass. Yuri knew she had because she does every time she goes outside to talk.

"What's up Yuri?" Sayori asked as she breathed in the crisp fall air. "So, I had this dream" Yuri started as she sat down on the floor in the middle of her room. "I was at school, and nobody else was there" Yuri took another shaky breath. It was always hard to talk about her cutting.  She paused to think about it before continuing. "And... I walked over to the closet and opened it" Yuri heard more rustling as Sayori lay down. "Take your time Yuri, I can wait" Sayori said in a soothing voice. 

"I started cutting myself in the closet, and when I woke up there were numerous cuts all over my arms" Yuri said as she breathed in and out deeply to stop her shaking. "Oh Yuri, I'll come over in just a second. Just let me grab my keys" Sayori said in a concerning voice as she stood up. She walked inside and grabbed her keys to her dad's car, and wrote on a sticky note telling her where she was going and that she would be back after school.

Sayori stayed on the phone as she drove to Yuri's house. Yuri's breathing was irregular, and sounded as if she were having a panic attack. Sayori tried helping her get through it while keeping her eyes focused on the road. Eventually she got her to calm down halfway to her house. She parked across the street and ran over to the door. Yuri had given Sayori a key to her house because she came over so frequently. Sometimes Yuri would call her before she started cutting, other times afterwards. even on the rare occasion she would call during, and Sayori would come over to help clean every time. She unlocked the door and slipped in, being as quiet as possible.

She opened Yuri's door to see her slumped against her bed frame asleep. Her arms mangled as usual, and a pool of blood surrounding her. She looked around to see three other pools. One by her desk where her phone was located, another in the middle of her room, and the last a few feet from her bathroom door. Yuri's pajamas were stained at her stomach and some parts of her rolled up sleeves. She walked over to Yuri and gently shook her awake.