Chapter 14: Contempt

Friday

𝗬𝘂𝗿𝗶'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

After school Yuri placed some things she wanted to bring into a neat bag. She had packed the most comfortable pajamas she owned along with Rage for reading if she became bored. After packing she headed towards Sayori's house.

The route to Sayori's house was beautiful and calming. Even with the leaves falling, the trees were filled with color from the remaining ones. Along the way there was a sparkling lake inhabited by ducks and fish. Yuri smiled as she watched some kids playing near the lake, talking about who was the better swimmer.

Eventually Yuri arrived at Sayori's house and knocked on the door. Sayori was the one to open the door with a smile. "Hey, Yuri! You know you're early right? Natsuki isn't even here yet!" she said. "If you aren't early, you're late, or at least that was what I was taught" Yuri explained "may I come in?"

"Of course! Though there isn't much to do until the others get here" Sayori said as she moved out of the way for Yuri. "That's fine. I'll just read" Yuri said before walking into Sayori's house. While Sayori frantically ran around the house trying to find something, Yuri sat on the couch to read. After a few minutes Yuri offered to help her, but she wouldn't say what she was looking for.

Eventually Yuri heard Sayori's muffled yell from her room that she had found it, and Yuri resumed reading.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natsuki's pov

Before Natsuki could even knock Sayori opened the door and hugged her before dragging her inside. "Natsuki! I missed you!" Sayori said happily. 

"You saw me at club Sayori" Natsuki said, walking further into the house. "So do you need help getting ready? MC made it out that you room is-" Natsuki stopped when she walked into the living room to see Yuri reading. "Oh, hey Yuri. I didn't expect to see you so early" she said before continuing to Sayori's room, not waiting for Yuri's response.

"I actually cleaned before anyone arrived" Sayori said cheerfully. Before Natsuki could say something, there was another knock at the door. Sayori practically ran to the door and Natsuki followed a little further behind. "Sorry I'm late!" Elyssa said from the other side of the door. "We're late?" Monika said from behind Elyssa. "I thought I was on time" she said looking at the time on her phone.

"If you aren't early, you are late!" Elyssa said before apologising again. "It's fine! Yuri actually says the same thing all the time, but she was extremely early today" Sayori said moving out of the way for the two. "It always was more important to Yuri" Elyssa said as she walked in.

I'm sorry this isn't longer. I just wanted to get this out so you would know I'm still working on this. I just needed a break after all the essays I had to write. The next thing I publish should be from my other book, Project Libitina, which will eventually become important to this story. 

Thanks for 500 views!