Chapter 16: Control

Thursday

Yuri's pov

"Murderer" One of Jane's friends said as the pushed Yuri against the wall of lockers. He had walked up to her after school, and the conversation spiraled quickly after he knew for sure that he was talking to Yuri. 'I thought nobody found out about that' Yuri thought as she rubbed the back of her head. 'No. I just told you that so you would calm down. It was on the news. Nobody knows it was you who did it' the now familiar voice said. 'He is just accusing you'

'YOU killed her. I couldn't- I wouldn't do any of that' Yuri thought. "Fuck you" He said pulling out a knife and pinning Yuri by the neck. 'Ask him how many more' the voice echoed in her head. 'What?' Yuri asked as she watched the knife in his hand move from his pocket and open with a flick. 'Ask him how many more people are coming to kill you' the voice sounded amused by this situation. 

"Hey, how many friends does Jane have? What's your name?" Yuri asked. He looked familiar, but she couldn't tell where she had seen him. "...Why?" He seemed caught off guard by the question, but before Yuri could do anything, his grip tightened. 'Tick tock Yuri, I doubt he'll let you live for much longer' 

"I was curious to see how many people miss her" Yuri said, looking up from the knife. "If you're asking how many people miss her, then it's definitely the whole school" he said relaxing a bit. "Unhelpful idiot" Lily hissed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'It was just a dream' Yuri thought as she sat up in her bed. After taking a deep breath, she stood up to get ready for school. Yuri noticed that the whole week she had been distracted by little things during her classes, and it was affecting her grades. She had a test on Tuesday, and couldn't focus the entire time. 

During her classes she stared off into oblivion more times than she would like to admit. Luckily, she didn't get called out for it. She just hoped it was a review so she didn't miss much. " Ms. Yuri, please speak to me after class" her teacher said from the board at the front of the class.

Everyone looked to the back of the class when she said that. Yuri could feel the room heat up and her arms itch as everyone grinned and whispered to each other. After what seemed like a hour, the bell rang. Eventually all the eyes looked away to pack their things away and leave.

Yuri walked over to the teachers desk reluctantly, expecting some kind of assignment for being distracted. "Yuri, can you explain to me why you haven't been paying attention in my class all week? Did something happen at home that's been keeping your attention?" her teacher asked as she erased her board. "No, I just haven't been getting enough sleep at night" Yuri said. Not lying, but also not telling the truth.

"Do you at least know the lesson?" She asked, looking over at Yuri. "Yes" Yuri said, trying to get out of this conversation. "Okay, try to get more sleep. Go ahead" she sighed, dismissing Yuri. After thanking her teacher, Yuri headed towards the club room. She decided it was better to ignore the itchiness in her arms.

Yuri quietly walked through the door and to a desk. Luckily it looked like everyone was already in a conversation, so Yuri could just read by herself. She wasn't interested in having a conversation with anyone right now anyway. At this point she had started three books, so she pulled out a random one to read. After a few minutes, someone started talking to Yuri.

"Hey, can I read with you?" Yuri immediately knew it was MC and was relieved it wasn't any of the girls. "Sure" she said looking up at him. He pushed a desk closer to her and sat down. "So, what's this book called?" He asked, scooting closer to see the book. "This one is 'The Portrait of Markov', my favorite" Yuri replied as she moved the book to the middle of the desks.

MC stayed quiet and focused as they both read a few pages. Eventually though, Yuri felt eyes on her once again after MC had subconsciously moved closer to see the book better. She looked behind her to see Elyssa and Sayori chatting near the back, but when she turned to look back at the book is when she saw Natsuki and Monika glaring in her direction.

They were standing close together, and both had their arms crossed. 'Natsuki really does hate me. I surprised I didn't come to that conclusion earlier' Yuri sighed quietly before going back to reading her book. She didn't get much farther though because Monika announced it was time to share poems.

MC shared poems with Yuri first, but Natsuki walked up to the pair and looked livid. "It's time to switch partners" she huffed before handing MC her poem. Yuri continued to share her poems before lastly sharing with Natsuki. "Let's get this over with" she said as she handed her poem to Yuri, looking away the hole time.

Wallflower

I find myself drawn to the fairy foxglove

The wallflower is dazzling,

but also poisonous

I am armed with this information, 

though I'm always searching for this flower

Why does something so beautiful

have to be so dangerous?

It  must be the purple that intrigues me so

For I always find myself drawn to this alluring wallflower

"I know it's longer than my others, but a short poem wouldn't cut it this time" Natsuki said, looking up from Yuri's poem. "I don't usually use some of those words. I thought it would make the poem nicer though" Natsuki continued, handing Yuri her poem.

"I think it's perfect Natsuki" Yuri said handing the poem back. Natsuki's face lit up at hearing this, but looked away immediately. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After heading home, Monika jumped on her computer. The third eye had been out of control for too long, and yesterday's death pushed Monika to try anything needed to remove it. Although she didn't expect it, she had gained access to the controls. Now she was able to mess with some stats, but some were still blocked off.