Prologue

A 13 year old boy opens his eyes face down on the floor. There's cheering in the background. He slowly gets to his hands and knees looking down at his hands.

???: Call off the match. You can't continue the way you are now. There's always next year.

He looks up to see his opponent across the ring, her shield raised and spear ready to strike. Her fiery red hair tied back and a serious look on her face.

He laughs to himself.

grabbing his Katana from the ground he uses it to help himself stand.

Boy: "You know as well as I do, if I said that now it would just be an excuse."

Announcer: "WHAT'S THIS?! EVEN AFTER ALL THAT HE STANDS BACK UP!"

He holds his blade in a basic kendo stance watching his opponents every move.

The girl smiles slightly.

Girl: "I like your determination. I'm Pyrrha Nikos."

The boy smiles

Boy: "(y/n) Sato."

The two rush each other and swing.

Time skip brought to you by Chibi y/n knocked out on the floor with a victorious Pyrrha standing while everyone cheers.

News reporter: "Congratulations on your victory Miss Nikos! This was your first time participating in the Mistral Regional Tournament yet you managed to come out on top of some very tough competition."

Pyrrha stands In front of the reporter's mic wearing a gold medal and holding a bouquet of flowers.

Pyrrha: "Yes it was a wonderful experience to compete and I'm lucky to have beaten all of the fine fighters that participated this year."

Reporter: "There have been whispers floating around of you being called 'the invincible girl' by many of the viewers and we can't help but agree seeing as you managed to win most of your fights without taking a single hit. However due to this many people believe that there was foul play or cheating involved. How do you respond to these rumors?"

Pyrrha: "I- uh..."

Seeing that she was uncomfortable not knowing what to say. (y/n) wearing a silver medal, face  covered in bandages, walked into frame pulling the mic from the reporter.

(Y/n): "Call her what ever you want, say she cheated."

Seeing her turn away looking sad he continued.

(Y/n): "That just sounds like some BS a sore loser would say."

She looked up at him in surprise

(Y/n): "Bottom line is I got my ass kicked out there today. She's just that much better than me."

Still holding the mic he turned to look at her with a smile.

(Y/n): "All that means is I have to get better and better until I can beat her. So Pyrrha?"

She gave him a questioning look.