Vol. 2 Chapter 7: The night they remember

A few hours passed since (y/n) came back with Blake, Weiss left to go do something, Ruby and Yang were lying on their beds in their scroll, and Blake was still sound asleep.

Just as (y/n) was getting into his PJ's he got a text from Jaune.

All it read was

'Come to the roof. Please.'

(Y/n) had a bad feeling, so he put on some slippers and headed out into the hall.
(He still has his socks on by the way, there's someone out there who will cringe at the mental image when they read this.)
.
.
Opening the door to the roof he saw Jaune sitting on the edge, legs dangling, looking dejected and sad.

(Y/n): "Hey man what's up?"

Jaune: "Is there something wrong with me?"

(Y/n): "uh, I don't follow?"

Jaune: "Weiss..."

(Y/n): "Dude I told you making some dress like Cupid wouldn't help."

Jaune: "No! No not that... I wanted to ask her seriously this time. 'No ridiculous schemes, no pick-up lines. Just... be honest.' So I went out, bought a white rose, and tried to find her to explain how I felt..."

(Y/n): "So what happened, she shoot you down again anyway?"

Jaune: "No... when I found her she was talking with Neptune, I didn't think much of it but... when I was going to call out to her she asked him to the dance... So I left. I guess she already made up her mind... why can't I be as cool as him? Would she look at me then?"

Jaune turned to look at his friend with pleading tears in his eyes he wanted no needed some sort of answer. An answer (y/n) couldn't give him.

(Y/n) sat next to his blonde friend with a sigh.

(Y/n): "You know for all your self confidence issues, you sure shoot big when it comes to women. Weiss Schnee. That's probably the second biggest name at Beacon right now."

Jaune looked down sniffling.

(Y/n): "Jaune, you and I both know I can't answer that question for you. But can I ask you a question?"

Jaune nodded

(Y/n): "Even after all this, after she shot you down over and over, does it change how you feel about her?"

Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "No not even slightly, I just wish I was something else. Someone else. Someone she would give a chance..."

(Y/n): "Two things, one—"

He slapped Jaune in the back of the head.

Jaune: "Ow!"

(Y/n): "—get over the whole 'woe is me' crap it's pissing me off."

Jaune: "Sorry."

(Y/n): "Two, it isn't you that's the problem, Weiss thinks that all guys are the same, since her family is popular and rich, she assumes guys don't care about her as a person and only about the status of her last name."

Jaune: "What! I would never-!"

(Y/n) puts his hand up stopping him.

(Y/n): "I know that, but she doesn't. I did a little bit of digging into her home life a couple months back to figure out what makes her tick. According to the news her father married into the Schnee family and took over the company after her grandfather died. And judging how she acts and seems to hate being anything but perfect, as well as... some other things, I'd guess that her father was rather abusive towards her and her mother. So she subconsciously uses that as a baseline for how men wanting her attention will treat her."