Chaoter 6: Pieces in play

No POV
.
.
.
Our group of 9 hero's sprint into an abandoned ruins taking cover behind the crumbling support pillars. They all have weapons drawn and ready. Across a wide gap is a bridge seems to be the only way back. On the other side of the bridge is their end goal. The cliff.
Unfortunately the giant Nevermore lands on an abandoned watch tower and screeches at them all. As if it's challenging them. Suddenly the Deathstalker from before bursts on the scene leaving the group no choice.

Jaune: "Awe man run!"

All of them leave cover running for the bridge.

Ren: "Nora! Distract it."

He says as he and (y/n) bolt from cover while Nora dodges and weaves around the Razor feathers fired at her by the Nevermore. She pulls a Grenade launcher off her back firing it at the Nevermore landing a shell on its beak knocking its head back and forcing it to retreat temporarily.

(Y/n): "HOLY SHIT NORA HAS A GRENADE LAUNCHER!!!"

Ren ignores (y/n) as he and Blake move to block the pincers of the Deathstalker that was creeping up on an unsuspecting Nora.

Weiss grabs Nora activating a Glyph before leaping out of the range of the Deathstalker.

It raises its tail to stab the two interceptors.

(Y/n): "Ren duck!"

Doing so, (y/n) vaults over Ren using his shoulders as a spring board before flipping and drawing Fatebringer to parry the stringer.

Jaune, Pyrrha, Ruby, and Yang have all almost made it to the bridge. Pyrrha turns around to see Blake, Ren, and (y/n) running from the Deathstalker.

Pyrrha: "Go! Go!"

She draws Milo and Akouo firing off rounds from Milo's rifle form. Covering everyone else's retreat.

Weiss and Nora land running, Ren stops next to Pyrrha firing Stormflower at the Deathstalker. As Blake and (y/n) jump onto the bridge before breaking into a sprint. The Deathstalker catching up, (y/n) turns sword ready just in time to block a swing from both pincers. Sending him flying backwards. Landing on his back before sliding off the edge of the bridge. He reaches out trying to grab hold of the edge only to miss. However before he falls a black ribbon wraps around his wrist and he's pulled up by Blake.

Blake: "Thank me later!"

She says grinning at him. They both take off in a full speed sprint to the group.

Suddenly the Nevermore returns pissed off. It rams its head straight into the bridge separating the group and knocking Jaune to the ground.

Ruby, Weiss, Yang, Nora and Jaune on the farthest end.

Jaune gets back up and sees Ruby firing Crescent Rose at the Nevermore. He turns so see Blake, Pyrrha, Ren, and (y/n) trapped fighting the Deathstalker.

Blake uses Gambol and shroud as a Kusarigama (chain and scythe) to swing at the massive beast. Pyrrha and Ren fire dust rounds into it hoping it'll make it back off. Blake gets knocked back by a pincer, straight into (y/n) who was mid charge. Both (y/n) and Blake get pushed back so Ren dashes in.

Jaune: "Man we gotta get over there! They need help!"

Nora: "Let's do this!"

Jaune looks down at the gap.

Jaune: "Yah but uh... I can't make that jump.."

Nora giggles before knocking Jaune back. Extending Magnhild to it's hammer form before running and jumping high into the air ready to smash the hammer into the bridge.