Vol. 4 Chapter 4: Savior

Qrow pushes the stinger away and turns to face his opponent.

Crazy Guy: "As I live and breathe, Qrow Branwen. A true Huntsman has entered the fray!"

Crazy guy mock bows at Qrow

Qrow glances back at Ruby who stands slowly using Crescent Rose as a walking stick.

Ruby: "I don't know this guy's weird."

Qrow: (turning back) "Look, pal, I'm not sure who you are, but you need to leave my kid and niece alone."

Tyrian: "Why, friend, my name is Tyrian. And I'm afraid that is not possible."

He smiles and places his hands together before gesturing to Ruby

Tyrian: "My assignment from Her Grace was to retrieve this young girl. So, that is what I must do. One does not upset the queen."

Ruby: "Queen?"

Qrow: "Salem."

Ruby: "Who?"

Tyrian: "Hmm, I think we've had enough talk now, don't you?"

Tyrian assumes a crouching position.

Qrow: "You took the words right out of—"

Tyrian rushes Qrow with a yell forcing him to parry a couple strikes from the write blades. Qrow counters with a slash but the ever mobile Tyrian avoids with ease, he attempts to axe kick Qrow who steps back to avoid. Tyrian does a handspring backwards to avoid the next counter then rushing back in. Qrow rushes his opponent and they're both pushed back when they clash. Qrow remains grounded allowing him to rush at the airborne Tyrian who flips to land in his feet. Qrow is on him the moment he lands.

The others have moved closer to Ruby.

(Y/n): "I gotta help him!"

Jaune: "Are you crazy?! Your aura is down let it recharge!"

They watch Qrow flip in the air and come down on Tyrian. He blocks the attack however the energy wave created by Qrow's swing slices a piece of roof off a nearby building.

(Y/n): ".... ok maybe you're right."

Tyrian activates his wrist guns and fires at Qrow, forcing him on the defensive. Qrow flips away and blocks as Tyrian circles him firing wildly. Ren and Nora rush in to assist however their attacks are ducked before Tyrian spins on his hands kicking the two away. He rushes in at the group of teens but is stopped when Qrow jumps in front of him with his blade raised to defend.

Qrow: (to the group) "Don't come closer!"

He pushes Tyrian back

Ruby: "Fine!"

She takes off setting up on a rooftop to provide sniper support. She tries lining up a shot and takes aim but the two fighters are far too agile and she can't get a shot in.

Tyrian flips over Qrow striking down at his head, Qrow blocks and turns to face when Tyrian will land but has to dodge as Tyrian lashes out with his tail. Qrow performs quick strikes at his lower half, but in a show of reflex, Tyrian simply dodges the swift slashes by lowering himself to the floor and pushing up with his hands to fire at Qrow's back. Qrow turns and blocks the shots effortlessly. He returns fire with a shotgun blast from Harbinger, Tyrian blocks and lashes out with his tail forcing Qrow to lean his head out of the way. However the tail wraps around Qrows arm and dislodges Harbinger from his grip and sends it flying impaling it's self in a wall. Tyrian leans back to watch the weapon and simply laughs as he stands back to look at the defenseless Huntsman. A sniper round whizzes by his head from Ruby. She fires a few more but they're easily deflected by the tail. Qrow shrugs and punches Tyrian in the nose with a right straight. The Faunus holds his face in pain before receiving a left hook, a right uppercut, then a kick to the stomach that sends him tumbling away, he uses his blades as brakes and looks up at the man in shock.