Vol. 5 Chapter 4: Almost whole again.

Jaune sets a large pot of Ramen on the dinner table. It was abuzz with talking and laughter as (Y/n), Nora, Jaune, Ren, Ruby, Yang, and Weiss sat down to eat dinner together. Nora, Ren, and Ruby sat on one side while Jaune, Weiss, and Yang sat on the other. (Y/n) sat at the head of the table near Yang and Ruby.

The mood was cheery and everyone was having a good time.

Yang: (laughs to Jaune) "How do you lose your map at a time like that?"

(Y/n) deadpans at Jaune.

(Y/n): "Yes Jaune, how did you do that?"

Jaune rubs the back of his head nervously.

Jaune: "Believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since."

Yang, Weiss, and Ruby laugh, while Jaune smiles and giggles sheepishly.

Nora: "Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a giant Grimm head on!"

Jaune: "I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down."

Ruby: "Uh, me? Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!"

Ren: "I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily."

Ruby: "No, no! Out of control as in 'awesome'!"

Ren: "Oooohhh."

He nods his head and smiles

Ren: "Thank you."

Everyone at the table bursts into laughter.

As dinner continues, Weiss tells her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball.

Ruby: (gasps) "You did not!"

(Y/n): "I hope she did!"

Weiss has her face in her hands.

Weiss: "Yeah, right in the middle of the party."

(Y/n): "YES!"

Yang: "Please tell me you let that lady have it."

Weiss: "Of course not! Even if I did really want to."

(Y/n): "Booooooo!"

Weiss: "Hush you."

Nora: (crossing her arms, skeptical) "No way, I don't believe it."

Weiss summons her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growls, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side. (Y/n), Weiss, Yang, Jaune and Ren all laugh.

As dinner nearly finishes, Yang stands next to the table and shows off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the group. All of them react in awe.

Yang: "It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it."

Jaune: "That's amazing."

Ren: "Incredible."

(Y/n): "Atlas really gave you a 'hand' there, didn't they."

Weiss Groans. He stands and high-fives Yang's metal robot arm, then immediately sits back down holding his fleshy human hand in pain.

Ruby's eyes turn starry and she accidentally pushes (y/n)'s face into his bowl as she zooms past. (Y/n) quickly sits back up with a noodle in his hair.

(Y/n): (annoyed) "GAH RUBY!!!"

Ruby: (holding Yang's arm up) "And it's just as strong?"

Yang: "Hm, sure is."