Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The plan falls apart

A/n: I just realized I never mentioned this... (y/n)'s Aura is yellow... and it flashes when he reappears. Someone will get it I promise.
.
.
.
(Y/n) arrives just in time to see Sun and Neptune get flung off the highway.

He sprints by the wrecked cars. Looking ahead (y/n) saw Weiss freeze the road in the path of the Mech. Unable to slow down, it slipped and fell off the road, down to the floor below. Seeing this (y/n) launched himself down at the mech and slashed off two optics sensors with Fatebringer before jumping back next to Ruby.

Not long after the rest of the team joined them.

Ruby: "Freezer burn!"

Weiss and Yang created a smoke screen allowing them to back away and hide from the giant mech.
.
.
Roman was looking through the smoke. But after that brat slashed up his sensors it was hard to see normally let alone through the smoke.

He saw movement to his left and fired. Unsure if he hit he moved forward, checking for a body, only for Ruby to fly out of the smoke directly at the cockpit. She slashed causing the mech to stumble.

Ruby: "Checkmate!"

Weiss and Blake jump in hacking and slashing at the legs. Weiss jumped up and stabbed one of the optics
Causing the mech to stumble. She jumped off and away but Blake didn't move. Weiss used a glyph to force Blake back just before the Mech could stomp on her. Roman fired off missiles at the girls however they were intercepted by (y/n) who cut them out of the sky before vanishing. The missiles exploded in front of the mech causing it to stumble back from the force.

Ruby: "Lady bug!"

Ruby shot past the mech before turning around and charging forward. Blake charged from the other side. They kept dashing around the mech slashing its legs as they passed by.

Roman having enough, aimed his gun at the floor and fired. However Ruby and Blake both jumped in the air avoiding the shot. When they came down the duo sliced off the mech's gun arm. Yang jumped up onto the back of the mech, before repeatedly blasting it at point blank range.

The mech sped backwards slamming Yang through two pillars before stopping at the third. Yang fell from the pillar, but Roman was pissed. He wound back the mech's arm and punched Yang all the way through.

Blake: "YANG!"

(Y/n): "No this is exactly what we want."

Blake: "What?!"

Ruby: "With every hit she gets stronger, and she uses that energy to fight back. That's what makes her special!"

Yang stands up looking down. Her hair starts to glow and levitate.

Roman winds his arm back to finish Yang, however before the punch can land Yang stops it with one hand. She looks up her eyes glowing red.

Yang winds her other fist back and punches the mech hard enough to completely shatter it into thousands of pieces. However Roman kicks Yang sending her flying.

Ruby: "Bumblebee!"

Blake throws Gambol in its kusarigama form at Yang. Who catches it. Blake pulls the ribbon and swings Yang around back at the mech. However the Mech moves out of the path of Yang avoiding the strike.

Ruby: "We have to slow it down!"

Weiss: "And how do you suppose we do that?"

Ruby: "Ice flower!"

Ruby plants Crescent Rose in the ground and Weiss summons glyphs in front of the barrel. Ruby fires through the glyph causing the round to explode into ice on impact. She fires more and more into the mech freezing up the joints.