Vol. 6 Chapter 7: Reconciliation

Jaune: "Oscar!"

Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Saphron are walking down a sidewalk at night, frantically calling out for Oscar.

Nora: (calling out) "Oscar?"

Ren: "This city's enormous, he could've gone anywhere."

Jaune: "This is all my fault... I overreacted."

Saphron: "I still don't really understand what happened. Was it about the mission?"

Nora: "It's... kind of hard to talk about."

Saphron: "I know, I know, 'top secret'. Did he... do something wrong?"

Jaune: "No... he didn't. We just got some new information and... it's going to be a lot harder than we thought."

Saphron: "I mean, if it was easy, then it wouldn't be important. Right?"

Ren: "I think we're all just a bit unsure of what to do next."

Saphron: "You could... stay in Mistral, get your licenses at Haven, and come back to Argus. There's a lot of good you can do here. I know your mission is important, but it's not like you're the only ones who can do it. It's not the only mission that needs doing."

Jaune: "It's... not that simple."

Saphron lingers a bit behind while Jaune, Ren and Nora walk forward, before turning around to look back at her.

Saphron: "Well, uh... I should go pick up Adrian from daycare. I'll let Terra know what's happened, and we'll meet you later. Good luck."

The three Team JNPR members watch Saphron leave before looking down sadly.

Nora: "Hey, there's a cafe over there. Why don't we get something to warm up?"

Jaune: "I'm okay. You two go on ahead."

Ren and Nora watch Jaune walk away with sad looks on their faces. Jaune takes a seat on a nearby bench.

Nora: "You don't want anything?"

She and Ren then exchange a brief glance.

Ren: "We'll be right back."

Ren and Nora walk away, leaving Jaune alone. Jaune keeps his head down while the wind blows, and a dried maple leaf flies in in front of Jaune. He notices this and follows the maple leaf as it flies in the wind. Jaune follows the leaf into a nearby park. Looking up from the leaf he sees the bronze statue standing in the center of the park. Upon closer look, there was already someone there standing by the statue.

(Y/n) turned his head at the sound of footsteps to see who was approaching.

(Y/n): "Hey."

Jaune: "Hey..."

(Y/n): (turning back around) "Found this a little earlier."

Jaune slowly walks up to stand a beside (Y/n) a couple feet away. Looking down he also reads the inscription at the base.

After a short time of silence someone speaks to them both.

???: "It's really beautiful, isn't it?"

Both boys turn their heads toward the voice To the left. There stands a red haired woman with glasses and beautiful green eyes, wearing a brown coat and holding a bouquet of red flowers in her arms.

(Y/n): "Yeah..."

Jaune: "Yeah... uh, why here?"

Red-Haired Woman: "She trained here, Sanctum Academy. Everyone was crushed when she chose Beacon over Haven. No one wanted to see her go, but... it was where she wanted to be. I'm just glad she was surrounded by such amazing people."