Chapter 12: I'm sorry.

No POV
.
.
A 6 year old (y/n), wearing a light grey jump suit and a bright yellow safety helmet with a light, hauls around a large sack in a well lit cave. There are men swinging pick axes at the walls mining dust.

???: "3416! Get that equipment over to sector C now!"

(Y/n) turns and salutes the Foreman before sprinting off bringing the sack to sector C.

When he arrives at the tunnels he runs up to a ladder and climbs his way down with one hand. Upon reaching the top he's met with much less light. He turns on his head lamp and continues his run. The sounds of pick axes grows louder and louder as he continues forward. Rounding a corner his light shines on a bunch of Faunus swinging away at the wall, they're dirty. Much dirtier then the rest of the workers. Not only that but they look skinny and unhealthy. Their eyes are sunken in, their faces a mix of angry and depressed.

Wolf Faunus: "Gah! Shut that light off! I can't see!"

(Y/n): "I'm sorry!"

He shuts it off now in the dark.

???: "A kid?"

???2: "What?! They sent another kid?"

(Y/n): "I-Uh-um- I-I'm worker 3416! It's nice to meet you all!"

He bows his head forward. His nerves must have showed because he heard chuckling in the dark cave.

???3: "Why are you here kid?"

(Y/n): "Uhm the boss man said my family owed the Schnee Dust Company money. So they took me and made me come work here."

???3: "Where are you parents? Why would they let that happen?"

(Y/n): "They were killed sir... They died a long time ago."

There was silence.

???3: "Look at me kid"

(Y/n) tried to squint in the dark

(Y/n): "Uh can I turn my headlamp on?"

???3: "You can't see us?"

(Y/n): "No? How could I? It's super dark in here."

???4: "... kid what type of Faunus are you?"

(Y/n): "Uh human?"

There was shocked whispering filling the cave.

???3: "What's your name kid?"

(Y/n): "(y/n) Sato."

???3: "Turn that light on (y/n)."

He did revealing that most of the Faunus workers were looking at him in curious interest.

(Y/n): "Uh hello."

The largest man was an Ox Faunus. The man was tall and strongly built. He looked like a superhero to the young (y/n).

(Y/n): "Woah..."

Ox man: "Better?"

(Y/n) nods his head.

Theo: "My name is Theo. It's nice to meet you (y/n)"

He stuck his hand out to shake the young boy's. When (y/n) reached out, his tiny hand made up less than a quarter of the massive Theo's.

(Y/n): "It's nice to meet you too sir."

Wolf Faunus: "Stop with the sir stuff would ya dude? He's gonna let it get to his head and start bossing us around again."

The rest of them chuckle.

Theo: "Shut it Lain."

Lain: "Go to hell!"