Vol. 4 Chapter 0: A rough patch.

???: "We need the ICU prepped and ready to receive a patient! Yes I know the situation...!
.
.
.
???: "He's fading!!! We need to stabilize him now!"
.
.
.
???: "Prep the surgical suite NOW!"

???2: "Yes sir!"
.
.
.

Jaune: "Doctor! Is he ok?"

Doctor: (sigh) "It was touch and go for the first night but he's stable... for now."

Ren: "Can we see him!?"

Doctor: "Yes but only for a few minutes. Things are still... delicate at the moment."
.
.
.
Qrow: "What do you mean he's stable!? Why hasn't he woken up yet?!"

Doctor: "We don't know. As far as we can tell he will make a full recovery. His mind seems to be... resting. Look I understand your concern but I still have patients I need to attend to. I'm sorry."
.
.
.
Blake: (Crying) "Please wake up..."
.
.
.
Doctor: "She hasn't left his side in days..."

???: "I know... from what I understand they're close."
.
.
.
???: "What do you mean you can't keep him here!"

Doctor: "Sir you have to understand, the situation in Vale is getting better however we are overrun with patients that are in terrible condition. He will recover but he can't stay in a bed that could mean the difference between life and death for someone... I'm sorry but he has to be moved somewhere by tomorrow."

???: "Does his father know about this?!"

Doctor: "We tried to get contact with him but as one of the few remaining Huntsmen in the area he's occupied. Does he have any other relatives to speak of?"

???: (sigh) "I'll take him... he's my nephew."
.
.
.
Blake: (Sadly) "I can't stay here... I'm only putting you at risk... goodbye..."

(Y/n) woke with a start

(Y/n): "Blake!"

He looked around. He didn't recognize the room he was in. Where was he?

There was the sound of glass shattering.

???: (Gasp)

(Y/n) turned to see Ruby standing at the door in her PJ's tears in her eyes and a tray with broken dishes at her feat.

Ruby: "(Y/n)?"

(Y/n): (smiling) "Hey Rubes-"

He didn't finish as Ruby immediately tackled him in a hug tears falling down her face.

There was running from down the hall before a Blonde man ran into the room at top speed.

Blonde man: "Ruby?! Are you ok I heard- Oh. Oh!"

(Y/n): "Uh hello."

Blonde man: (relieved) "You're awake! Thank god."

(Y/n): "Sorry but, who are you?"

Tai: "I'm Ruby and Yang's father Tai Yang."