Chapter 11: Not something to be ashamed of

(Y/n) ran through the forest trying to get a connection on his scroll, when suddenly he is kicked in the back and falls face first. Turning around he sees the unmoving bodies of his friends laid out in the direction he just came from, and a shadowy figure standing over him looking at the bodies. The figure turned its head to the left to look at (y/n) showing he was made entirely of black shadows except for a few parts of him. His hair was a crimson red and a similarly colored rose sigil adorned his back, and quarter of his face around the left eye shows an exposed skull and an empty eye socket. The skin around it black and burnt, later stages of decomposition setting in.

???: "Hello, 'old friend.'"

(Y/n): "Why are you here?!"

The figure just laughs evilly

???: "You left me to die in that mine. But your semblance always did make you good at running away. Sadly this time... this is the end. Goodbye, my... 'brother'."

The figure turns grinning like a mad man a simple white curve as a mouth in contrast to the rest of him, blade in hand, he raises his sword to slash (y/n) from shoulder across his body.

(Y/n): "No wai-!"

It's too late.
.
.
(Y/n) wakes and shoots straight up breathing hard, covered in sweat, hand on his chest. He looks around, seeing he's still in his dorm at Beacon he lets out a sigh.

???: (whispering) "Hey, (y/n)."

He turns to the source of the voice. He sees Blake sitting up on her elbows in her bed looking at him. Her Yellow eyes shining in the moonlight being let through by the curtain.

Blake: "Are you ok?"

(Y/n): "Yah... yah I'm fine. Sorry for waking you."

He lies back down looking towards the wall.

(Y/n): It was just a dream. It was just a dream.

Blake looks at his back for a moment longer, the concern evident in her eyes, before she eventually lies back down trying to fall asleep again.

(Y/n) just lies there unable to sleep again.

(Y/n): I abandoned you once before brother, I won't do it again...

Time skip brought to you by. Chibi (y/n) and chibi Jaune getting tutored by chibi Pyrrha in glasses.
.
.
No POV

Team RWBY Walks through downtown Vale. The streets are adorned with festive decorations and a sign that says 'WELCOME to VALE!' is being strung up between two buildings.

Weiss: "The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. Truthfully it's kinda weirding me out..."

Weiss: "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!"

Yang sighs and crosses her arms

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."