Realization

There was no way, I couldn't not be on the SMP. It was my home, and I had never left it. All that had happened to me was my father killing me. Wait, I realized, something wasn't adding up. My eyes widened in panic as I realized the plothole in the story, how could I have gotten here?

Grian looked at me, panicked. "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. "Are you OK? What happened?" He looked like his mind might explode if presented with even more crazy news.
"I-I'm not from here..." I say, trembling through my entire body.
"Well duh," Grian said, seeming disappointed, but also relieved that it wasn't some mind boggling news. He probably thought I had something more urgent to say. "We've already established that, why is that such a big deal?"

"No," I said. "I'm literally not from here, I'm from a different world." Grian was clearly astonished, you could see he was in disbelief, the shock in his eyes was clear. He put his hands on his head, rubbed his eyes, looked at me and said, "No, that's impossible." You could see him trying to process this. "Hermitcraft is the only world, right? Right?"

He looked around the village (he called it 'Boatem' I think), looking around for other people, I guess. He didn't see anyone and sighed, did he not want people to see us? Probably better not to question it.

"Okay," he said, notably quite nervously. "I'm going to bring you to my house for now, but promise me you won't let anyone see you." I groaned, I wanted to go see the world, explore. I was already ready to go make new friends and acquaintances. But if I was going to survive this strange world I needed to listen to this strange man in this strange new world.

"Fine, whatever," I said, annoyed but understanding. "Let me guess, there's someone I need to watch out for?" I always knew the weird cliches that people talked about.
"Exactly," he said, his shoulders easing up. "I'm glad you understand, you need to watch out for GoodTimesWithScar, also known as Scar. He's a very nice guy, but he'll try to scam you so hard."
He sounds like me, I think. Just he probably doesn't sell drugs. Maybe kind of similar to Quackity, if you think about it.

"Good to know," I say. "So I'll just chill here until you figure something out."
"Exactly," Grian says, walking out the door without another word.

....

So I'm just hanging out around the house, exploring all the interesting things Grian has, and I walk into a little corridor looking for cute little hiding places.
I see this thing, it almost looks like an egg, like what chickens come from. But it wasn't, it was much bigger with a hue of a deep purple with hints of lighter purple.

What could this egg be? Maybe it was the egg of something in that third dimension, since it was off limits to us on the SMP so no one had ever seen itself any of the creatures in it.

I hear a clanking noise from the other side of the house, there's someone or something else in the house.
I whip around only to see a girl, she had blue eyes with chestnut brown hair with tips of lighter brown and a bit of blond. She had a denim jacket on with a hood, and she was wearing navy jean shorts.

"Um, who are you?" She asked, shocked. "And why are you in Grian's base?"
I just stood still, maybe she would think I was an armor stand?

"I know that you're not an armor stand," she said with a sigh. "But if you really don't want me to question this I'll just leave, no tegg for me..."

She left, I even heard the door open and close. I sighed a breath of relief, that was pretty close, even if she did see me and knew I was there she didn't know I wasn't from here.

What was that 'tegg' she had mentioned? It sounded similar to egg, so could it have been related to this strange thing I had found?
There was no time to dwell on that, though. Grian had trusted me to explicitly not talk to anyone. I'm pretty sure that that girl counts under anyone.

I should probably make it up to Grian somehow, I thought. He wasn't going to be pleased when he found out I had met this girl. Though why did I even care? Probably because I desperately needed somewhere to stay, and Grian seemed to be a nice guy.

I rushed up the stairs, hoping to maybe write something that could please him, something to explain me to him. First I had to ponder what I could possibly write, maybe the history of L'manburg would intrigue him?

I decided in the end to write about the story of my lineage, my mother, father, brothers-and their spouses and extended families, and I guess just a summary of all the members of the SMP.

I found a book and quill in one of his chests, it was empty so I decided to write in it. I hoped he wouldn't mind.
I wrote everything down in a summary with just enough details but not too many. I titled the book 'Members of the Dream SMP', because he didn't know what the SMP I was talking about really was.

When I finished I decided to look around the house just to try and get a glimpse of the type of person Grian was.
His house was beautifully built, he's a pretty good builder, I guess. His incorporation of the blackstone and moss was amazing.
He had some small little farms in his base, maybe he was good at redstone too? Usually people weren't good at both but maybe he was an exception.

I heard a voice from the entrance say, "I'm back!" Assuming that it was Grian I rushed into the entrance and cheerily said "Hey Grian!"
After taking a real look at the person I realized it was not Grian. He actually looked like a potato, a potato wearing a Superman bodysuit with a mustache.

He stared at me, seeming kind of shocked that I was there. He seemed extremely confused, "Who are you?" He asked. "I'm a part of your imagination," I said dryly. He had already heard me speak, there was no point in trying to act fake.
He stared at me, not taking the joke well. He sighed, I guess he wasn't that big into jokes, so I decided to break the ice. I burst into laughter awkwardly, "I'm just kidding!" I said between laughs. "I'm Wilbur, nice to meet you!" I stuck out my hand for a shake.

He took it, and shook it hard. I breathed a sigh of relief, I wanted to make a good impression after all. "I'm Potato Man! Also known as Mumbo, Mumbo Jumbo." He said with a smile from under his big, black mustache.

So this wasn't Scar, Grian would have been really annoyed if it was Scar, that's good.
"So where are you from?" He asked. I didn't want to tell him where I was really from, so I said, "I came from down south!" He looked very skeptical, "I didn't know that anyone else joined Hermitcraft," he said.
"Oh, I'm just visiting Hermitcraft! Grian recommended that I just go everywhere and settle here finally," I said nonchalantly.

I heard a door creak from behind us, I looked and saw it was Grian. "What. Is. Going. On?" He asked slowly, holding back his anger.
"Uh, hey Grian..." I said nervously with a little wave.
Grian sighed, his anger melting away. "Well I guess it's convenient you showed up Mumbo, we've got a lot to talk about."

Grian walked deeper into his house, Mumbo looked at me confused, I just shrugged and followed him.

Authors note: currently in this storyline in hermitcraft the mega bases haven't been built yet and tegg is still going on. And yes the girl was indeed the one and only PearlescentMoon!