The Experiment

? POV

It's almost time, the truth is about to be unveiled. With Wilbur going to meet Iskall now he'll know exactly what I've done. He'll be surprised, I suppose, but when the fate of Hermitcraft happens inevitably he'll meet me, and he'll understand why I did it.

Iskall will tell him, at least what I think from what I got of him during my little experiment. Will Wilbur connect the pieces to who I am? Probably not, but one day he will. Did I tell Iskall my name? I don't remember...

This had better go well, I didn't mess with the multiverse for nothing. I connected the worlds so this could happen. I'm going to change it all. If I hadn't done this imagine what would have happened with Pearl, all that resent building up. She needed Wilbur, he gave her who she could truly be. If I hadn't done it Wilbur never would have been there to help. What I did was necessary, it changed both Wilbur and Schlatt forever.

Their fates are interconnected, bound to come together.

She is the moon

The moon is her

They are connected forever

At the sun slowly set

When the blood was drawn

Its hue will turn red

Wilbur changed the moon

With him I can tell she swoons

The downfall of Hermitcraft

The gravity shifting

The world turning

Together forever

Then apart

And it's all my fault...

Wilbur POV

Pearl and I are flying through the air towards Iskall's house. She makes sure to stay a bit ahead of me, so she doesn't have to talk to me.

"Uh, Pearl?" I call. "Do you know exactly where we're going?" I look at my map, and see that we are nowhere close to Iskall's house. He lives in a savannah and we're in a swamp. "Iskall's house is nowhere near here."

"I know exactly where we're going," Pearl replied grumpily, turning to look at me. "I'm the one actually from here, so trust me. We're just taking a shortcut."

It didn't seem like a shortcut to me, but if I wanted her to cooperate with me I had to play nice. "Fine," I said with a sigh. "Whatever you say, Pearl."

She looked surprised at what I said, but shrugged it off and kept on flying.

We kept on flying for a few more minutes, before Pearl made a sharp turn, suddenly banking towards the left. Uncertain to what we were doing, I reluctantly continued following her.

After yet another few minutes of flying, where at this point I thought she had no clue as to where Iskall lived, we flew into a beautiful shattered savannah biome. Then there it was, right in front of us, Iskall's base. To be fair, in my references it said he lived with EthosLab too, but just for simplicity I'll call it Iskall's base.

It was beautiful, the house was quite literally built out from the mountain. A blend of dark oak, oak, and stone bricks was used, making it look quite industrial but also quite charming, almost like one of those little hummingbirds, it reminded me of.

Two men were standing there, one chopping down trees and the other picking up dropped saplings and sticks.

Pearl was still ahead of me, so she landed first. "Hey Iskall!" She called out to one of them, waving. He was a male with a good tan and a small beard. He was wearing a line green shirt, an eyepatch (also green), blue jeans, and gloves. He enveloped her in an embrace, squeezing her tightly.