Past and Future Tension

"So," she said, confused. "You founded a nation to sell drugs?" Pearl stared at me, both impressed and extremely dumbfounded. "Please tell me you're still dreaming and you're making all of these up."

"Nope, all real," I replied, answering honestly. "Besides, they were hotdogs. Well... they hotdogs filled with drugs." I looked back at her with the straightest face in the world, no reactions from me.

She sighed. "These are the strangest things I have ever heard Wilbur, your past is pretty messed up dude." She looked at me with sympathy, but I didn't understand why. My life was pretty standard and normal compared to some of my friends' and foes'.

"You also did the deed with a salmon?" She asked skeptically. "And then your son was a fox? Those are just not adding up Wilbur."

"Yeah, I know, but I also don't care," I said, surprising her. "No matter what, he is my son. Sally left us, and it was my duty to take care of him, so I did."

She sighed. "I'm extremely confused right now, so I'm just not going to finish all of this." She handed me back the book. I suppose it was a good thing she had given it back to me, she hadn't gotten to the part with Schlatt taking over and my exile. Thank goodness she didn't get to when I blew up L'manburg, that would have made her not trust me at all.

"I'm just glad you got to learn a bit about me, and my home," I told her, smiling cheekily.

She laughed. "Now I know all these things about you and your friends and all you know about me is my name."

I smirked. "Well then do me the favor of telling me some things about you, Pearl."

"Let's go outside and then I'll tell you some things about me," she said with a wink.

We walked outside, and I felt the fresh morning breeze surround me. We walked over to a few logs out of the way of the main village. When I sat on the log I saw the beautiful ocean view, the aquamarine water shimmering with sparkles from the sun.

Pearl sat down beside me. "Well," she said. "My name is Pearl, which is short for-"

"See, I didn't even know that Pearl was short for something," I said, interrupting her.

Pearl chuckled. "Well Pearl is short for PearlescentMoon, which is a bit of a mouthful."

"I bet you didn't know that Wilbur isn't my full name."

"What is it?"

"Wilbur Soot."

"Interesting... Another thing is that I've always had a thing for nature, especially flowers and cute animals! Alliums are my favorite flower, and llamas and bees are my favorite animals."

"One of your favorite animals is the animal that literally spits on you?!"

"They're cuter when they don't spit."

"You know, I've got a friend who likes bees too!"

"That's cool, maybe one day I'll be able to meet them."

I knew she would never, there was no way Tubbo could ever come here. To be honest, I kind of wanted to stay here forever, with Pearl.

Then we went on and on and on, sharing fun facts about ourselves until the sun was starting to set already.

"I'm going to go to bed Wilbur, I'll leave you some time alone." I heard her say it right away, but I didn't process it quickly, so by the time I turned to look at her she was already gone.

I looked at the ocean, the sun setting on it so beautifully. When I looked at the sparkling blue waters all I could think about was Pearl's eyes; They were a beautiful aquamarine and azure mix that would make even the prettiest peacock jealous. There was just something about Pearl, I wasn't sure what it was. All I knew is that I trusted her completely.