A Change of Heart

PearlescentMoon POV

In and out, easy Pearl. Just take your breaths. I close my eyes, imagining the ocean I know is right outside my house. I walk over to my little aquarium, admiring the animals I have in there. Nothing like a few cute axolotls and tropical fish to make you feel better.

I suppose now I should get thinking on what to do. If I'm going to defend Boatem and be a warrior I need to show my willingness. I need to prove my worth.

I've decided I'm going to forgive Wilbur, I mean, I can't stay mad at him forever. Besides, to prove my worth to defend my home it wouldn't help if I had an ongoing grudge with someone.

Maybe I could prove my worth in some other way too, not just by being humble. Maybe I could kill someone, but not just for no reason, of course.

Well who could I kill? There's no one on Hermitcraft that I could kill without upsetting everyone. If only there was someone who... oh, wait. I have the perfect person in mind now.

If I'm going to be making things up with Wilbur I suppose it would help if I killed one of his enemies. That Schlatt guy seems to be a horrible person anyways, so why not?

Well... I guess I've got an evil emperor sort of person to find. Be ready Boatem, I'm coming.

Wilbur Soot POV

"So," I say awkwardly, breaking the silence. "How exactly are we going to find Schlatt? And how will we approach him? Last I saw him he wasn't exactly happy to see me."

Ren shrugged. "I don't know. Xisuma, you're the one connected to the server or whatever, do you know where he is?"

Xisuma let out a long sigh. "Even I don't know everything Ren, I have no clue. Wilbur, you know Schlatt the best. Is there any specific thing that gives him comfort that he might go to?"

I bite my lip and think for a moment. "There's nowhere that Schlatt specifically had a connection with, the closest thing is... yeah, that thing."

"What is it?" Doc asked. "Chances are somewhere in the island we have something similar to it."

"Well unless you have a shack for killing half blond men in suits you're out of luck," I say with a snort, both sarcastically and seriously.

Everyone stared at me, trying to see if I was for real or not. I was. I just looked back and gave them a little smile, chuckling a little.

Ren then gave Xisuma a look that seemed like a is this dude okay or is he crazy look.

"Uh, no, we don't," Xisuma said, confused. "At least from what I'm aware of. Ren, Doc, you guys know?"

They shook their heads. "We have no idea," Ren said.

"Well too bad," I said nonchalantly. "Honestly, I didn't expect that you would."

Where on the SMP had Schlatt built the Cuck Shed exactly? And where had Conner been? I couldn't exactly remember, it's like... oh wait. No, no. It can't be possible, not again.

I realize the truth, and now I'm horrified. I'm breathing heavily and trying to get myself under control, but I just can't.

"Wilbur?" Xisuma asked worriedly. "Are you alright? Did something happen?"

"Xisuma," I say, being cautious of my words. "I've realized something now. This world... isn't the only other one I've been to. Now I realize... before I was in the world that I came from, I was on another server, with Schlatt."

"So," Doc said, confused. "Are you saying there's a multiverse?"

"I can't be sure," I say honestly. "But from what I've seen, yes."