Tremors

Mumbo Jumbo POV

I'm just sitting in my van. I like to sit in it sometimes and sleep here to reminisce on the memories. It's the night right now, so I'm just looking at the moon. Something seems to be off about it... it's extremely large. Weird, but not much that I can do. It probably doesn't matter.

I feel a shake in the ground, it's so strong it knocks me out of the van, right on to the ground. Oof, that hurt a lot more than I thought it would.

"You okay Mumbo?" I head someone ask. "I'm okay," I groaned, looking up. It was just Pearl. "Hey Pearl," I said with a wave. I smiled weakly.

"You sure you're okay Mumbo?" She asked with concern. "I'm sure I'm fine. Are you okay Pearl?" I asked, there were tears rolling down her face.

She wiped them away hurriedly. "Yeah, I'm fine. Wilbur and I just had an argument." An argument? Wilbur had literally just arrived and was already hurting the members of Boatem, this was not okay. He had no right to just come in and hurt Pearl, who was the sweetest out of all of us.

I grabbed Pearl in for a hug. She looked surprised but embraced it. "I'm going to go find him and talk to him," I promised her. Pearl looked at me sweetly. "You really don't have to talk to him Mumbo. I'd be wary of him."

"Why?" I asked. "He seems like a really nice person..." My mind went back to everything Grian had told me about him, everything that Wilbur himself had said, and my general impression of him. Now I really realized, he and his past were really messed up.

Pearl sighed sadly. "You don't even know the worst part Mumbo. He blew up the nation he founded and..." She hesitated. "You can tell me anything Pearl," I said soothingly. I trusted her much more than I ever would trust Wilbur. "He-Wilbur asked his father to kill him, and he did it!" She cried out. "He's a homicidal maniac Mumbo! He's insane!"

I hugged her even tighter, she was sobbing now. "It's okay Pearl, he's not going to get to you," I whispered. She cried even harder. "He's dangerous Mumbo, be careful!"

I let go gently. "I'm going to go now Pearl, go home, okay?"

She sniffled. "Thank you Mumbo, thank you so much."

I smiled. I walked away, leaving her alone. Now I had a man named Wilbur to find.

Wilbur POV

I took off running. This man was threatening me and I wasn't having it. "Hey, get back here!" He called angrily. "I have something I need to talk to you about!"

I just kept on running, hiding behind a weird tree monster. I stopped, taking a deep breath.

Well great, that man was clearly out to get me, Schlatt now knew I was here, and I had lost one of the only people who I trusted. Now Pearl absolutely hated me. I took a deep breath, and tried not to recall the moment it had all come crashing down.

"Hey Wilbur! Over here!" I heard a voice call. Looking in the direction, I saw it was Mumbo. Mumbo was one of the people who didn't hate me, right? I waved back, assuming that Mumbo wouldn't suddenly start hating me like Pearl.

"We kind of need to talk, Wilbur," he said concerningly. "I was just talking to Pearl, and she had a lot of things to say about you..."

This was not good. If Pearl told everybody about my death than I wouldn't be very welcome in Boatem. Maybe it was time for me to get out of here, find somebody else to take me in. The only problem was that I didn't know anyone, not a single person.

"Sounds cool!" I said nervously. "I should get going! I've got to talk to Grian about... stuff."

Mumbo grabbed my hand. "No, you are not going anywhere until you explain all the things Pearl told me."