Mystifying Mindscape

Holding her hand, I was soaring through the air. The wind was rushing through my hair. Pearl turned around to look at me. "Do you like it?" she asked me, seeing my smile. "I love it!" I yelled gleefully over the sound of the wind.

She smiled, her blue eyes shimmering like the ocean. "It's truly beautiful," I said quietly. "What was that?" she asked. "I didn't hear what you said."

I looked down, embarrassed she had noticed that I had even said anything. Looking down, now I realized how high up we really were.

I started panicking, what would happen if I accidentally fell through the Boatem Hole?! I felt my hand start to get sweaty, it was one of the many things that happened when I got extremely nervous.

I started whimpering, almost like a dog. I tried to swallow my fear, but it didn't work. I felt Pearl's grip tighten on my hand. "It's gonna be okay Wilbur, I promise." Her voice was comforting and soothing, I relaxed immediately.

We started pulling into a dive, heading down towards the ground. As we landed in front of us I saw a giant boat thing. Well... an upside-down boat thing.

"Are you alright?" she asked me concerningly. "You really started panicking up there." "I'm okay now," I said with a sigh of relief. "I've never seen anyone panic like that while flying," she said curiously. "Have you never used an elytra before?"

"Um... what's an 'elytra'?" I asked, doing air quotes around that word. "How do you NOT know what an elytra is!?" she exclaimed. "How do you get around, minecart?"

Completely ignoring her question and her slander of the minecart, I asked, "Where in the world did you get that thing?" After deciding to just deal with it she replied, "The End, duh. Where else?"

The End? What in the world was that? I had no clue, and after this exhausting day I didn't want any other mind-blowing revelations.

The sun was starting to set, so without even waiting for me to respond Pearl led me inside. I guess this boat thing was her house.

She gave me a bed out of her inventory, so I placed it down and got in. Pearl went over to her own bed and got into hers.

"Goodnight Pearl," I said while pulling the covers over me. "Night Wilbur," she said with a yawn.

Then it all faded into black.

...

"Wilbur, Wilbur, wake up!" I heard a voice say frantically above me. Opening my eyes reluctantly, I looked up. Someone was standing over me, it was Tommy. There was no way, if I could see Tommy then I was alive!

"Wilbur, you've been out for almost three days," he said with concern. "Ever since Father struck you with the sword you've been unconscious."

I got up quickly and gave Tommy a hug, I now knew how much he went to me, really. "Uh, Wilby? Are you okay?" I ignored the strange fact that he had called me Wilby and hugged him even tighter. I felt tears start to drip down my cheek; I let them roll.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper. "I shouldn't have pressed the button, I really shouldn't have." "It's okay Wilbur," he said calmly and soothingly. "You're a hero, you're the reason we won. Remember, Schlatt is dead!"

I brightened at remembering the fact that Schlatt was dead. "Of course! Schlatt is dead! L'manburg is ours again!"

Tommy smiled and chuckled. "We've already started rebuilding. We were going to wait for you to wake up to do elections, but we already unanimously decided who should lead us."

My heart dropped suddenly. They had already chosen the next leader! And without me! It hurt, they really should have waited for me. I let go of Tommy, looking at him seriously.