5. might be my main (no)thing

October flew by quickly, with both you and Ariana being busy before the holiday season started. You didn't meet up with her often as you would like (for the operation, of course) but that was quickly amended.

To celebrate the end of the month, Ariana decided to host a get-together with her family and close circle. You were the first person she invited through a call, telling you the details. She arranged a car for you to her house before she hung up.

You also made preparations on your part, finding a costume to wear. Ariana didn't say anything about a theme so you'll just wear whatever you find. When you were done, you found yourself at the back of a car en route to Ariana.

The first thing you noticed after stepping out of the car was how her house looked straight out of a fairytale, like a modern castle. The moment you entered through the door, you were immediately greeted by a bunch of dogs running and barking at you. You crouched a little to let them sniff your hand.

"You came early!" You heard Ariana squeal from above. You looked up and all you could think was how it look like a scene from Sleeping Beauty when she walked down the stairs. Is this how Prince Philip felt the first time he saw her, and at every subsequent sight?

Before you noticed, she was standing in front of you like a dream come true.

"I love your costume. Who are you dressed as?" Ariana gasped in awe.

Good thing you still remembered how to speak. "Mulan from Once Upon A Time."

You had created the costume years prior without even intending it for Halloween, solely because she had super cool-looking armor and definitely not because you related to her story. Did you mention that you were carrying a sword?

Fortunately, everything still fitted you. It had taken up a lot of time and effort but the finished product was worth it in the end, especially when Ariana couldn't stop admiring it.

"Pretty cool isn't it?" You smiled proudly, showing off your outfit. Ariana answered by running her fingers through the intricate designs on your chest plate.

"It is pretty... cool," Ariana said as she looked up at you. You felt heat rising to your cheeks.

"Thank you, your outfit is nice too." You complimented back smoothly. And it is, with a beautiful shade of pink, and pools of silk flowing behind her, shimmering as she moves. "It reminds me of Aurora's dress."

"Aurora?"

"The princess that Mulan protects."

"What a coincidence," Ariana noted with a smile. You hummed in agreement, enjoying the comfortable silence that came after. Until the dogs barked, that's it.

You both shared a laugh when they demanded their owner's attention. Ariana introduced you to them, but you are too distracted to remember their names. It'll take some time anyways.

"How's the preparation going?" You asked, looking around. From what you could see, people were busy with putting up tastefully spooky decorations, preparing the catered food, and setting up a pop-up bar and a DJ booth.

"It's going great. Come, I'll show you around."

Ariana's house was what you expected from a celebrity, completed with many bedrooms and bathrooms and a fully furnished kitchen. What stands out to you are the small things, things that tell you that a house's a home, things like chewed-up armchairs, photographs of her family and friends on every surface possible, and a Christmas tree with presents still underneath it.

Despite the house being incredibly spacious, it was cozy and intimate, just how you like it. Especially with how the dogs rubbed themselves around your ankles and nipped at your heels as you walked with Ariana. It seemed like you'd passed their stranger danger test and were warming up to you.