Extras #2. Point of You

aka phone calls that took place between chapters 13 and 14

"How was your first day?" Ariana's bare face illuminated the night. The pixels couldn't construct her beauty as your imagination could, but it was better than nothing. The wonders of technology.

"It was good. After everyone settled in, we ended the schedule and had a big dinner together. Officially starting to film tomorrow." You replied. "What about you?"

You watched the screen as Ariana propped her phone on what you assumed to be a pillow. "Working on my album as usual. I've written a song today."

Your eyes widened, "An entire song in a day? That's amazing!"

Ariana giggled at your reaction, "Thank you."

The conversation settled into a staring contest until a smile bloomed on her face. It quickly turned into a yawn. "It's getting late isn't it." You offered her an out.

She doesn't take it, attempting to hide her yawn behind her sleeves instead. "Not really. I want to talk to you more."

You chuckled lightly. "How about this, we'll go to sleep but leave FaceTime on?"

"Fine." She pouted. "Only because you have a big day tomorrow."

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams." You turned off the lamp after she echoed the sentiment with a wave.

You weren't sure when you fell asleep but you were sure that in the dark, it felt like she was right there beside you.

-

"As much as I love to FaceTime you the whole night, it's difficult to go to work with it being dead. Luckily the power bank was charged."

Ariana laughed as she unwrapped the towel around her hair. Your faux anger dissipated instantly upon seeing her with wet hair, a bathrobe, and nothing else. She picked up the phone from the sink counter, giving you front-row seats to her décolletage. You averted your gaze in politeness.

"Ever the gentlewoman, it's not like you haven't seen me naked before." Ariana teased, going as far as to let her robe fall open further intentionally as she sits on her bed.

Your ears heat up. "Even so..."

"Look at me." She doesn't make it easy for you, softly commanding for your attention. This time, the robe was nowhere to be seen. It was like looking at a sunset, no matter how many times you have seen it, you were still blown away but the beauty of it.

Ariana's smile indicated that she was pleased with your reaction. She took pleasure in basking under your gaze, knowing that she has absolute control over you. "Have you tried phone sex?" She asked with the same tone as someone asking about the weather.

"Well, no."

"There's a first time for everything."

-

"You're coming home next week, right?"

"Yep, not a day later." You affirmed again, amused at the different variations of this question that Ariana had come up with.

"Great, can't wait to see you." Ariana leaned back onto the sofa. You spotted Myron entering the frame, lying on her lap. You wished you could teleport right there and then.

You had been FaceTiming her every day for the past three weeks now, but the topic of what are we hadn't come up yet. While you would like to have that conversation with her in person, you have more courage behind the safety of a screen. Besides, if things didn't go in the direction you wanted, the two of you could just end the call at any given time.

She seemed to have sensed it, prompting her to ask you "Diamonds for your thoughts?"

That earned a laugh from you. "They aren't worth that much but, I was thinking...of giving you an answer now." Ariana knew what you were referring to right away, sitting upright so suddenly that it startled Myron. "I've never changed my mind since I confessed to you on Valentine's Day."

Her relief was so palpable you could feel it from your side of the screen. "So we're official now."

"Yeah. We can take it as slow as you want. Even if you change your mind, I'm not going to hold it against you. Just know that I have feelings for you and that there are things I want to offer you, namely a relationship and my love. It's there if you want it, and if you don't. It'll just take a different form, a platonic one."

"I wish I was there so I could shut you up with a kiss."

AN: it's been a while but here's a dose of dopamine if you need it. (I do.)