7.5. worst savior

The first thing you noticed when you gained consciousness was the chilled morning air. If it was any other day, you wouldn't have noticed it. But it wasn't supposed to be cold, not if there was someone sharing their body heat with you. The empty space you found when you turned to your side confirmed your suspicion - Ariana was gone.

While you could argue with yourself that she might just be in the bathroom, or the kitchen - somewhere close, your intuition said otherwise. There was no clothing draped on the armchair beside your jacket, no sound of water running, just silence and stillness. You did find a lone laundry bag sitting quietly on the coffee table; that's something at least.

If it weren't for the single hair tie lying on the nightstand, like a glass slipper, you would have convinced yourself last night was just a long, indulgent dream.

Part of you, the logical part, deduced that she had an emergency with work to explain her hasty departure. This hypothesis was solidified with past experiences of such. However, there is also a part of you that is an overthinking fool, driving you mad with thoughts like was it my fault? and was it not good? And oh god, did she fake all of it?

If so, you were extremely disappointed in yourself. Well, at least you had this one time with her, the closest thing to heaven you'll ever experience.

After taking a quick shower, you ironed your shirt to make it a little more presentable before heading down to the lobby to check out. There, you learned from the receptionist that Ariana settled everything and left two hours ago. They also kindly inform you about the complimentary breakfast buffet, but you weren't hungry even though you felt empty inside.

While the information doesn't answer the questions in your head, you thanked them before leaving and walked all the way home.

-

Ariana went radio silent. You took it that she changed her mind about the whole thing. It was long enough for you to reluctantly accept that it would be the new normal.

So imagine your surprise when you find a text in the form of 'where r u?' while you were in the middle of editing a new Youtube video. The notification sound jolted you out of your concentration. Seeing her nickname on screen elicited different emotions from you, but the one you can identify most prominently was a relief.

You

I'm at home

Why do you ask?

Princess

i'll be there in 10

What surprised you more was when the doorbell rang, causing you to think that she meant seconds. If it was anyone else, you would have thrown them off with a judo move, but it was just her, pouncing on you the moment the door opened. She was lucky you had quick reflexes and strength in your arms to catch her.

"Wha-"

"Shut up and fuck me." Her tone was demanding, but not impolite - like a queen who knew she wouldn't be denied.

"Well, hello to you too." You replied though you sounded more unsure than anything. You tried to carry her to your room. The keyword is 'tried', because someone biting at the column of your throat can be extremely distracting. You never knew someone could be soft and so insistent at the same time. You almost dropped her when she sucked hard on a sensitive spot. You could feel a bruise forming like watercolor paint on paper. "Fuck. Ari-"

She paid no mind to your protest. You gave up and settled for the couch, bending down to release her onto the cushions. However, she made no effort to unwrap her arms or her legs despite practically lying directly above them. So you pivoted and sat down instead, and your knees thanked you for that decision.