5.5.5. or everything (part 1)

"Soon" turned out to be inaccurate when you were swamped with last-minute filmmaking gigs on top of your personal commitments to your channel. You didn't think twice about accepting all those work offers before Christmas to get as much income as possible to splurge on presents and gain some vacation days for yourself.

Even though you haven't seen each other for almost a month, you made up for it by texting every day. When Ariana discovered the reason for your busy schedule, she forbade you to buy her any presents.

Princess

i want your presence instead

You

Which movie did you steal that line from

Princess

dork

come see me

don't make me wait any longer

You

Yes, your highness

I'll see you on Christmas Eve

Princess

promise?

You

With my pinky

Princess

btw do you have any plans for new year's eve too?

You

Well

Not really

Princess

great

i'm reserving you in advance

You

All yours

Princess

i like the sound of that

As promised, you met Ariana on Christmas Eve. When you arrived at her place, she recited a list of the things she had planned for today (in no particular order):

- Gift giving and receiving (after midnight)

- Make goodies and dessert

- Marathon Christmas movies

- Sing Christmas songs

- Walk the dogs

While deciding on what to do first, you reckoned Ariana had saved the exchanging of presents on Christmas Day itself but you accidentally advanced that plan when you asked if you could borrow a phone charger.

"Oh! Wait here." She instructed you when you were both in the living room. You sat patiently on her couch as she scurried back upstairs. When she came back down, she brought along a horde of dogs in reindeer costumes at her feet and a small ribbon-wrapped black box in her hand. "For you," she handed it to you, biting the inside of her cheeks.

You took it with a grateful smile, already deducing what it was. You made a show of tugging at the ribbon. "May I?"

"Of course, that's the whole point," Ariana exclaimed enthusiastically, watching with bated breath as you opened the box carefully.