16. your mind, body, and soul

You noted how visible the stars were when you went to throw the trash. You held the bag in one hand, Ariana's hand in another.

When you closed the lid, you asked her. "Do you find this boring?"

"Taking out the trash?"

"Domesticity." You clarified. Being a child of divorce, you know how it might tear people apart. You had read countless articles and personal recounts - from a feminist perspective, political, socioeconomic standpoint, romanticized views, and queer angles. Ultimately, you liked it because enjoy making a home; you're doing it for yourself. However, Ariana might not share the same views.

While you didn't verbalize the importance of your question, Ariana was able to sense it. "To be honest," She started, "I used to be able to disregard it because of my career, and I disregarded it even more after realizing I'm bad at doing "simple" housework. But, seeing you do it, and doing it with you makes it fun."

"I'm glad you think so."

After that, you went to the kitchen to finish your last chore for the day. What was a simple task turned out to be a water fight.

Despite being covered with soap bubbles, you let Ariana use the shower first, not wanting her to catch a cold.

"Want to save water by showering together instead?"

You heard Olivia's voice in your head reminding you not to be a useless lesbian. "Ok."

That was how you found yourself following Ariana to your bathroom. You turned around as you undressed; with the same mindset as an ostrich hiding its head in the ground. Ariana doesn't let you shy away for long. She gently tugged your elbows as she entered the shower stall.

Your shower stall can only be described as cozy with the two of you in it, even more so with the glass door closed. So you navigated sideways, leaning against the wall tiles to give Ariana more space.

You detached the shower head before turning the tap on. The first splash of cold water against her feet caused Ariana to squeal. You laughed apologetically as you adjusted the temperature.

"Is this okay?" You asked when the water warmed.

Ariana placed her hand under the shower head to check. "It's perfect."

You returned it to its place, allowing the water to arch over the both of you like a waterfall. Besides staring and smiling at each other shyly, you didn't know what else to do. It's been a while since you had showered with someone else.

"Can you wash my hair?"

Ariana turned her back towards you when you agreed. What greeted you were her natural curls, something you didn't notice till now. You had never seen them due to her extensions. While you weren't one to touch people or their hair, your fingers were itching to run through them out of sheer curiosity. Good thing you had her permission.

You turned the tap off. After, that you lathered your hands with shampoo. You run them through her wet strands. "Like this?"

Ariana let out a little noise of content. "Yeah, just like that."

She gave you a few more requests along the way. You felt a deep sense of satisfaction when Ariana relaxed into your scalp massages.

After a few more minutes, you grabbed the shower head and washed the bubbles off the hair. You made sure it doesn't get into her eyes. When it was thoroughly rinsed, you applied conditioner. Letting it sit in her hair, you turned her around to face you. "Do you want me to wash your back too?"