5.5.5. or everything (part 2)

Ariana stood up, giggling at the way you stuffed your face with one more bite of food. "You don't have to rush, I'll go get the door. We can share the leftovers."

While she went to fetch the guest, you threw away the rubbish and made whatever was left more presentable.

"Baby," You whipped your head around and saw Ariana standing at the door, with a few people standing behind her. "Come meet my friends."

You were thankful to see some familiar faces as you walked closer.

"Hi guys." You waved, recognizing Frankie, Victoria, and Courtney. There were a few of Ariana's friends you haven't officially met, but you knew of them - Tayla Parx, the Social House duo, and Elizabeth Gillies.

"It's nice to meet you." They took turns hugging you.

"Is anyone hungry? We got food, cookies, brownies..." You asked everyone when you moved into the living room, where there were more of Ariana's family members.

There were a few murmurs of "yes", prompting you to get them out of the oven. They were completely cooled and were gone in minutes after you placed them on the table.

When everyone's full, the adults gather to talk among themselves, leaving the "kids" - Ariana, you, and her friends - to do their own thing.

That's how you find yourself sitting in a circle with a board game box in the middle.

"You do know that Monopoly is the number one killer of friendships, right? Followed by Uno." You said to Ariana.

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere so easily. You're stuck with me"

In this instance, you wished that you had met Ariana sooner.

"I'll take your word for it."

Since you guys were playing the Longest Game version of Monopoly, you lost count of how many hours you spent sitting there trying to end the game. Everyone agreed that the one with the most money at the end, when all properties are bought, wins.

The moment Ariana bought the last one (a mistake she doesn't realize that reduced her overall cash in hand), it was down to you and Ariana. Everyone else was bankrupt but stayed around to see the outcome, the showdown between you and Ariana.

"I have 99 dollars, how much do you have?" Ariana says after counting her money.

You make a show of counting the money in your hand. "95... 96... 97... 98..."

Ariana's eyes grew wide when there wasn't any more money to count.

"Oh my god! I won!"

You congratulated her along with everyone else, smiling at how she celebrated - a lot of happy sounds and a little dance.

"Congrats, looks like our friendship is intact."

Ariana smiled even wider than you thought possible as she tackled you in a hug. When you know she isn't looking, you put your money back in the box, including the ones you hid underneath your legs.

You felt a nudge against your ribs. You turned to see Victoria smiling knowingly at you. You returned with a small smile, before bringing your attention back to hugging Ariana.

"What should we do next?" Someone piped out.

You recalled Ariana's list, "How about singing Christmas carols?"

"Let's sing!"

All of you laughed when Ariana and you voiced out the idea. Great minds think alike.

"You guys are so cute," Courtney said. You thank her, relieved that she seemed less wary about you since your first encounter. You understood her protectiveness over Ariana, as you felt the same way too.