5.5. or something (part 1)

After Halloween, everyone in Ariana's circle found out she was in a new relationship, including her ex. So it was safe to say that the operation was going smoothly, though you weren't sure how to proceed. Now that he knows, does the pretense end or does it continue until... When exactly? You weren't sure so you texted Ariana for answers.

You

What should we do now? Now that everyone knows

Princess

he's still trying to get back together

from what my friends told me

so...

we should go out on another date

for pap walks

to convince him

You

Ok

What do you have in mind?

Princess

i'm actually free in 2 hours

i'm down for whatever

You

Cool I'll plan something fun to do

Meet me at my house when you're done for the day

As planned, she arrived at your house with the same white car you got so acquainted with. You observed how she looked right at home, with how automatic she removed her shoes at the doorstep, how familiar and comfortable she was sitting on the kitchen counter and dangling her feet.

"You know, you could have just given me the address to the date spot," Ariana said. You snapped out of thought when you realized that you were staring into space.

"And ruin the surprise? No way." You replied.

"So you rather risk stalkers following me and finding out your location?" She teased, before dropping her mischief to focus on reaching for a cup on the drying rack. Only that it was just slightly out of reach and it was clear that she did not want to give up her seat.

You concealed an amused smile while moving to get it for her. "Anything to drive that beauty of yours." You filled it up with chilled water before handing it to her. Before she could grab it, you moved it slightly away from her reach. "What do I get in return?"

She rolled her eyes but smiled all the same as she fished something out of her purse to exchange. "Oh I see, that's your motive all along." She handed you her car keys. "This good enough?"

You finally passed her the cup, "You got me. And yes, I've been wanting to drive your car for a while now."

She slapped your shoulder lightly as she drank. You wait for her to finish drinking before heading out together.

You opened the passenger door for her before getting behind the wheels. It had not been 10 minutes on the road when Ariana asked "are we there yet?"

You chuckled and told her to relax and listen to some music. She started humming absentmindedly before it turned into flat-out singing. You have to remind yourself not to turn and stare or you will get into an accident. After five Broadway song performances, you've reached your destination. You opened her door and helped her out.