17.5. continuance

You had done more kissing on that day than in your entire life. And they weren't only those chaste little pecks, but wet, open-mouthed ones that had you seeing stars.

Right now, you were trapped between Ariana's legs as you lay on top of her.

One would think it was easy to get out of that position, but they did not experience Ariana's death grip before. You were pretty sure her nails would rip your bathrobe apart if you attempted to escape.

Your savior came in the form of a notification sound, causing Ariana to loosen her hold on you reluctantly to grab her phone. You move off her, allowing her to sit up. As she checked her phone, you refastened the towel on her head.

"Is it work?" You asked when she stared at her phone for far too long for a simple message.

Ariana looked up at you with a look that could mean anything from 'it's going to rain later to 'I've got some bad news. "No, it's not. I told Scooter specifically not to disturb me this week."

"What is it then?"

"It's my mom, she wants to have dinner with us." You could tell she was trying to gauge your reaction. While you met her before, you knew this time was much more significant. Still, you tried to school your face into neutrality. "Also... Nonna's joining too. She will be cooking."

You didn't have to date Ariana to know her grandmother's importance.

It was purely instinctive to get up and get the house and food ready for their arrival. However, Ariana doesn't share your mission, hellbent on anchoring you to the bed.

"Ari," You managed out before the next word got stolen by her. "Gotta prepare for your family's visit."

"I have people for that."

"I know, but I want to do it. I have to make a good impression."

Ariana's eyes twinkled with soft affection, "They already have."

It shouldn't surprise you, since there was nothing in Ariana's life that her family doesn't know, but it still did. You had never been in this situation before, nor been someone whose partner told their parents about. "So they know everything? That I'm officially your g- the person you're dating?"

Ariana nodded her head. "They're the only ones I told, besides Vic and Court."

Somehow, she had managed to coax you back to the bed, back to her arms. She sat on your legs, as if to stop you from escaping again, before enveloping you in the duvet too.

"Alright, I'll let the professionals handle the preparations." You looked around, spotting clothes strewn across the floor. "But at least let me clean the room up."

"I wouldn't dare to stop you," Ariana agreed.

"We have to change the sheets too." You turned to face her again. "Also, do you have room spray?"

-

You don't think you ever anticipated a doorbell ring more than this one in particular, besides the first time Ariana visited your house.

Ariana let out a quiet giggle when you jumped to your feet - out of surprise more than initiative. She put you out of your anxiety by taking the lead. Like a kid on the first day of school, you practically hide behind Ariana when you follow her to the door.

When the door opened widely, you observed Ariana's mom and grandmother greet each other by kissing each other's cheeks. "Hi mommy, hi Nonna!"

Your heart warmed at their loving interactions, so much so it canceled out your nervousness. "Hi darling! And is that the girlfriend?" You snapped to attention when you realized they were referring to you.