15. the obvious unseen

Ariana felt like sun-soaked sheets. That was the first thought you formed when you woke up, though not in those exact words. You lay still, relishing in the feeling - her soft breath on your collarbones, the weight of her body against yours. After having those few quiet moments for yourself, you decided to get up and prepare breakfast for the both of you.

You untangled your limbs from hers as carefully as possible, deciding to brush your teeth at the kitchen sink to not wake her up. You pulled the duvet up her neck before heading to the fridge.

After brushing your teeth, you opened your fridge. You found some items that you were sure weren't in it before. You found a recipe online that was perfect for Ariana's dietary preferences and hangover. Selecting everything you needed, you get to cooking.

When the food was ready, you placed them on a tray along with some water and painkillers. You returned to the bed.

You weren't sure if it was the click of the door or the aroma of the food that woke her but Ariana sat up when you entered the room. It took a minute for her to register your presence.

"I made some pancakes with the blueberries you bought." You spoke softly, "How's your hangover?"

"Not too bad." Ariana yawned, rubbing her eyes. When you placed the tray in front of her, she motioned you towards her. You leaned down and were greeted with a kiss on your cheek. "Thank you, baby."

You couldn't hide your smile even if you tried. "You're welcome, Ari."

She moved a little to make space for you. You slipped back under the covers in response. The two of you spent the rest of the morning eating and resting in bed while a TV series played in the background.

After lazying around for two hours, you decided to start going through your to-do list. Being a month away from home, there were chores you have to complete. You told Ariana exactly that. "You can sleep off your hangover in the meantime. When I'm done with everything we can do whatever you want." You saw her eyes light up.

"Good. I'm going back to sleep now." Ariana shimmied down until her head rest on the pillow.

"Do you want me to draw the blackout curtains?"

"Yes please, thank you."

After you did so, you left Ariana to her devices in dreamland.

-

Ariana found you near the washing machine two hours later. You had been doing your laundry after unpacking your luggage. She announced her presence with a back hug, almost catching you by surprise. You felt Ariana let go of you so you could turn around. Noticing she was wearing your shirt and shorts, you asked. "Do you want me to wash your clothes too?"

"Okay." She took your hand as the two of you made your way to your bedroom. You found her clothes sitting neatly on your chair. You pick them up and put it in a laundry bag. After, you started removing your bedsheets too, knowing that there was enough space in the washing machine for them. Ariana noticed what you wanted to do and helped out.

"This is easier with two people." You commented to yourself when the both of you pulled off a corner each. Ariana agreed with a hum, removing the duvet cover while you carried the bedsheet and pillowcases back to the laundry area. Everything loaded neatly into the washing machine and you started the washer.

Moving on to the next chore, putting on clean sheets on the bed, pillows, and duvet. It was completed quickly, with two sets of hands instead of one. You laughed when Ariana plopped onto the newly made bed, moving her arms like she was making snow angels. You decide to take a short break by lying beside her.