3

You walked into the Newgate house, Thatch was bringing snacks to the den with Luffy following behind him. You walked into the den behind them, girlish giggles greeting your ears.

Sitting at the low coffee table was Ace and next to him was a girl with flowy pink hair, stuffing her face with the snack Thatch just set down. This was a suprise to you, you've seen your friend flirt with plenty of girls, he's never asked them out or brought them over to his house though.

He must really like her.

You gave your friend a knowing smirk as you sat across from him, a pale blush dusting his freckled cheeks.

"Uh, Bonney this is my friend (Y/N), (Y/N) this is Bonney she started at our school today." Ace introduced you two, Bonney quickly swallowed the food that was in her mouth and smiled over at you.

"It's nice to meet you, I think I saw you in cosmetology class." Bonney greeted you, a look of suprise crossing her face when Ace faceplanted on the table, a handful of uneaten chips in his hand.

"Don't worry that happens often, he has narcolepsy." You awkwardly chuckled, you wanted to play the part of a good wingwomen. That was a little hard to do with your friend falling asleep in front of a girl you're pretty sure he liked. "Anyways cosmo class, I showed up late so I must of missed the teacher introducing you."

Ace sat bolt upright, startling Bonney and causing you snicker a bit as he glanced around confused.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep." Ace rubbed the back of his neck while glancing at Bonney.

"It's alright, (Y/N) explained." Bonney smiled before reaching over and grabbing some more chips. "How long have you two been friends?"

"I think since we were ten? Or were we twelve?" Ace thought it over.

"I'm hurt, does our friendship mean so little to you, you can't even remember how long we've known each other." You dramatically held your hand to your chest, a fake frown on your lips.

"You don't know either, do you?"

"I don't." You deflated, you looked over to Bonney to see she was giving you both a puzzled look.

Crap, does she think we're being weird?

"My older brother has been friends with Ace's brother Marco since high school. That's when me and Ace met, my brother would bring me over whenever he came over." You quickly explained, Bonney nodding along. You grabbed some chips for yourself, between Ace, Bonney, and Luffy who was at the end of the table stuffing his face, the snacks were disappearing rather quickly. "How did you and Ace meet?"

"We have the same homeroom and a bunch of the same classes." Bonney answered, a small pout covering her face when she reached for some popcorn and there was none left.

Sabo sat down next to you with a board game before you could say anything else, Thatch and Marco came into the room with more snacks much to Bonney's delight. Game night went on without a hitch, or as smoothly as it can go when you play board games with the Newgate brothers. They were competitive with each other, always accusing each other of cheating or pulling out the rule book to make sure a move was calculated right.

You snuck glances at Ace and Bonney throughout the night, you were happy to see him paying attention to her. A smile coming to your face when your friend wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Your freckled friend was doing alright wooing Bonney all on his own, so you figured you weren't really needed as a wingwomen.

You were the first to leave, it was eleven at night on a school night. Your brother being so kind as to pick you up, he had a drink with Marco and Thatch first.

"Who was the new girl?" Izo asked, his eyes briefly looking away from the road as he turned down the radio.

"Her name's Bonney, she started at our school today. Ace likes her." You smirked, you were excited for your best friend to have his first girlfriend.

"Exciting. Now we just gotta get you a boyfriend." Izo reached over and playfully pinched your cheek. When he said that Law's grouchy face flashed in your mind, a small blush came to your cheeks which your brother definitely noticed. "Oh, do you already like someone? Who's the lucky guy?"

"No. I mean maybe? I've barely talked to the guy. Can you focus on the road?" You huffed as your brother chuckled at you.

"Well if you decide you wanna date this guy, I'll cheer you on." Izo smiled over at you.

The only problem is starting up a conversation with Law.

You weren't sure if you had a crush on Law or if you just found him attractive, you've barely talked to him, so you couldn't tell. You decided you would change that, that way you could decide if you actually liked him.