6

Izo drove you to get Zoro and to the Newgate residence, your older brother would be joining in on the game night. When you got to the house you and Zoro went to the den while Izo went to the kitchen.

Zoro flopped down on the couch next to Luffy, the ravenette was stuffing his face with chips. Looking around the room you saw Koala was joining in on tonight's game night,  she was giggling to Sabo about something. Your freckled friend was sitting in an armchair, the look on his face when you walked in the room looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"(Y/N)... I didn't know you were coming." Ace sheepishly smiled at you as you walked over to him.

"I come to every game night." You deadpanned, taking a glance around the room you noticed Bonney wasn't anywhere to be spotted. You didn't know if she was coming or not, but you decided now was your best chance to talk with Ace without her interfering. "C'mon we gotta talk."

Ace followed you out of the room and down the hallway, pass the kitchen were Izo was chatting with Marco, Thatch, and Pops. Your brother gave you a questioning look as he watched you walk upstairs with Ace. You went into Ace's room and closed the door behind the both of you.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" Ace asked as he flopped down onto his bed. You just rolled your eyes at him, you pulled out his desk chair and sat down in it.

"You really have no idea what I could possibly want to talk to you about?" You gave your friend a slight glare.

Ace just stared back at you, his lips pursed in a straight  line as he refused to say anything. He was stubborn which was going to make this chat all the more difficult.

"How about the fact that you've been ignoring me all day." You huffed.

"I haven't been ignoring you. We're talking right now aren't we?" Ace threw back at you. You just let out a sigh and shook your head, you thought he'd drop the act once you pointed out what he did, turns out you were wrong.

"Ace you can stop lying. I know you've been ignoring me because of the date you had with Bonney." You had to stop yourself from yelling as you were getting frustrated with your friend.

Ace's eyes widened, he turned his head to the side an embarrassed blush covering his cheeks. It was silent as you waited for Ace to say something, you weren't expecting Ace to turn to you with a glare on his face.

"You were spying on me?" Ace growled.

Is he seriously making this out to be my fault?

"I wasn't spying on you. I was already on my way to the cafe when you canceled on me. It was nice of you to use your family as an excuse not to see me. What couldn't tell me you had a date?" You questioned.

"You would have been jealous if I told you what I was actually doing." Ace grumbled.

"Jealous? Why the hell would I be jealous? I don't care who you date." You pointed out.

"Yeah right." Ace mockingly chuckled at you. You were a bit taken back by him laughing at you, but you kept your mouth shut as you waited for him to elaborate.

"(Y/N), you may get good grades and everything, but you're actually pretty stupid." Your jaw dropped at his comment, you expected that this talk wouldn't go smoothly, but you weren't expecting him to call you names. "Don't look so suprised, it's a true statement. I mean everyone knows that girls and guys can't simply be friends without one of them liking the other."

You leaned back in the chair a look of disbelief covering your face. You've heard people say guys and girls couldn't be friends before. You thought it was complete nonsense. Having your own friend say it to you though made the statement feel hurtful.