4

Ace: can't make it today family emergency.

(Y/N): ok I hope everything is alright.

You slipped your phone back into and continued on walking to the cafe. It was your's and Ace's study session, but it looked like he couldn't make it. You decided to still go since you were already halfway to the cafe. You looked over the sign outside the cafe that listed their specials for the day before turning towards the door.

Your hand rested on the handle as you stared into the cafe through the glass door. Sat at a table in the middle of the cafe was Ace and Bonney, their table was piled with food. You hesitated a moment before letting go of the door handle and continued walking down the street.

Why didn't Ace just tell me he was going on a date?

You felt an uncomfortable burn in your chest as you walked around aimlessly, Ace had never lied to you before except when it came to suprise birthday parties. It also made you wonder if you were a bad friend and that's why Ace couldn't tell you about his date. You would have understood if he wanted to go on a date instead of meeting for your study session, it sucked that he lied about a family emergency to get out of it.

"(Y/N)-ya?" You perked up at the sound of your name being called. Looking up you saw Law walking towards you with a fluffy white dog next to him. Looking around you noticed you'd walked into the local park without noticing.

"Hey Law." You awkwardly smiled, with all the thinking you were doing, you weren't sure what to say. Luckily the dog next to him broke the silence, the not so little dog letting out whines as it pulled on the leash to get closer to you.

"This is Bepo-ya, he's friendly." Law introduced his dog to you, the big fluffball's tail wagging a mile a minute as you patted him on the head.

"He's cute, are you guys out for a walk?" You asked, you felt silly for asking.

Of course they're on walk. Why else would they be out here?

"Yeah, would you like to join us?" Law offered, seeing as you had nothing better to do you decided to join them. Plus it would be a good chance to get to know Law better.

"That sounds like fun." You nodded, you walked beside him, it was pretty quiet between you two. Besides the sound of leaves crunching under your feet and Bepo's panting. A number of different things to talk about ran through your head, you weren't what Law would be interested in talking about, you decided to wing it and say the first thing that came to your mind.

"What has you so upset?" Law asked before you could say anything. You arched your brow wondering what he was talking about. "You don't have to say anything, but you've had a frown on your face this whole time. Am I that bad to hangout with?"

"Oh, no. This is nice... spending time with you." You mumbled, your eyes shifting to the ground as you noticed a smirk spread across Law's face. You waited while Law opened the gate to the fenced in dog area, you followed in behind him. A small smile came to your face as you watched Bepo excitedly prance around waiting for his leash to come off.

Law had to hold his puppy still as he unclipped the leash, once it was off Bepo took running off towards a small group of dogs. You watched the dogs wrestle amongst themselves for a bit before following Law to a nearby bench.

"Were you planning on doing some homework?" Law watched as you set your backpack down on the ground. You looked down at your bag then back towards Law, while it was nice getting to hangout with him, you weren't about to unload your friend troubles onto him.

"Yeah, I was. But some family issues came up for my study buddy while I was on my way to our meeting spot. So I decided to just walk around." You used Ace's lie to you as an excuse to Law. He stared at you for a moment, his gaze made you squirm a bit, a silent sigh leaving your lips as he turned attention back to his dog.

"Hmm, it sucks when plans fall through." The way he said it sounded like he didn't entirely believe what you just told him. Luckily he didn't push you to say anything more on the matter instead you both turned your attention to Bepo as he brought over as sizeable stick.

For the next hour you and Law took turns tossing the stick for Bepo, by the time the fluffy white dog was tired out he was covered in dirt. Law didn't look to happy that he would have to give his dog a bath when he got home. Even though Bepo was clearly tired he still gave his owner a run for his money when Law tried to put his leash on. You couldn't help but laugh as you watched Law chase after the fluffball.

"Bepo, over here boy." You called out, almost immediately the pup was next to you, happy to be receiving pat's on the head.

"Why didn't you do that earlier?" Law panted, he stooped down and clipped the leash onto Bepo's collar.

"You looked like you were having fun." You smirked up at him. He rolled his eyes although you notice a slight smile on his face. You went back over to the bench and grabbed your backpack, you went over to Law and Bepo who were waiting for you by the gate.

"Well, thanks for letting me hangout with you two it was fun." You smiled while giving Bepo one last scratch behind the ear.

"It was nice and Bepo really likes you. I'll see you at school tomorrow." Law said his goodbye, you gave a little wave and turned to leave. To your embarrassment Law started walking in the same direction as you.

Did we just say goodbye when we're heading in the same direction?

You both paused for a moment  your eyes meeting each other's as awkward chuckles left you both.

"Looks like we're heading the same way." You pointed down the street.

"Yeah, I guess one of us is walking the other home." Law teased, you lightly chuckled and continued walking with him down the street.