Prologue

My little sister have been sick for a while now. So I would come to the hospital to visit her everyday. I need to make sure she's doing okay, because she's all that I have left. But deep down, I know that she's not going to make it. Each passing seconds and days, her condition are slowly getting worse.

I gently push the door open. I smile softly as I make my way inside. "S/N... I'm back..." I said. S/N turns to look at me and grin. "Nee-San!!" She said. I let out a soft giggle as I make my way towards her. I take a seat on the bed, letting her snuggle closer to me.

"How are you feeling today, sis?" I asked. She turn her head to look at me and pout. "I'm bored, Nee-San... can we go for a walk?" She said. I gently nudge my nose against her.

"The doctor said you need to rest, sis..." I said. She let out a sigh and nod her head. She seem to already know that I wouldn't let her go outside. I gently pull her closer, letting her place her head against my chest.

"I'm sorry, sis. But it's the doctor's order" I said. She just nods her head, which makes me smile softly. I continue to caress her hair softly. I place my cheek on the top of her head.

The monitor suddenly starts to beep. I quickly pull away and turn to look at S/N. She seem to have some difficulties to breath. I start to panic as I stand up. I rush towards the door and calls out for the doctor.

The doctor quickly comes inside the room, telling me to wait outside. I just do as told, knowing he would need some space to work. I just walk back and forth, feeling restless. I run my hand through my hair as tears slowly gathering in my eyes.

A While Later

The door to my sister's room slowly opens. I quickly rush to stand in front of the doctor. He's looking at the ground for a brief moment before turning to look at me. One look at his expression, I can already tell what that meant.

"No..." I breathe out weakly, shaking my head. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I move passed the doctor and enters the room. My hands went up to my lips, as I stare at my little sister. Her whole body have turned really pale.

"S-S/N..." I cried out. I walk towards her and leans down, placing my forehead against hers. I start to cry harder, mourning the fact that my little sister's soul have finally left this world.

***

It's been years since the day my sister died. I'm now 15 years old and I've been a volunteer at the hospital. It's the only way for me to feel okay, looking after the children here.

I enter the room where a little girl name Mirai is being treated. She's about S/N's age when she died. So looking after her, makes me feel like S/N is still here with me. I stop walking once I'm standing next to the girl. I start to wipe her body with a wet towel, trying my best to keep her hygiene.

The door opens to reveal her older brother, Shishio Tsukasa. "Oh, hello, Shishio-San... I just finished cleaning your sister's body..." I said. He smiles at me and nod his head. "Thank you, L/N-San..." he said. I turn to Mirai and pulls the blanket up to her neck. I gently brush her hair away from her face.

I turn to look at the clock, realizing the time. "Ah... shoot! I'm almost late for school! I'll be taking my leave now, Shishio-San!" I said, giving him a quick bow and grab my bag.

Time-skip

Luckily, I made it in time. I have always visit Mirai early in the morning and go to school after. I don't know what happened today, but I got lost tracked of time.

I enter the classroom where everyone is gathering. I make my way and take a seat next to my boyfriend. His name is Ishigami Senku. We have been dating for a while now. But I've notice there's something in our relationship which makes it different from the others, is that Senku sometime can be quite cold to me. But it doesn't matter, I love him anyway.

"Why are you late?" Senku asked, turning to look at me. "I got lost of track on the time..." I said. He let out a sigh at what I said, and shakes his head. "How irresponsible can you be, Y/N?" He said. I just let out a nervous chuckle at his comment. Senku is a guy who's brutally honest. So I don't really pay a lot of mind to the things he said.

The teacher soon enters the class and we begin the lesson. I take out my notebook and start to take some notes every now and then, mainly on the things that are a little complicated for me to just remember on their own. So these notes acts as a backup for when I needed to review things.

***

I'm now in the science lab with Senku. I'm helping him with his device. I jump and nearly drop the vial when the door slams open. I turn my head to see it's Taiju.

"Listen up Senku! Y/N!! I've made up my mind!!" He yelled out. I can see everyone covering their ears because of his loudness. "What is it, Taiju?" I asked. He walks further inside.

"After bottling up for 5 years! I've finally decided to confess my feelings for Yuzuriha" he said. My eyes lit up at what he said. "Really?! I'm so happy to hear that, Taiju!" I said, holding my hands together while grinning happily.

"Yeah. It's so exciting. I can't leave the science lab right now. But I'll be sure to cheer you so loud that my vocal cord would snap from here in the science lab" Senku said. I turn to give him a straight face. I shake my head at his coldness towards his friend. But oh well, that's just how Senku is.

Senku offers a vial which contains the gasoline he created. But instead of saying what it is, he said it's a love potion. I sweat-dropped at his attempt to trick his best friend. But I know Taiju wouldn't drink that. He won't count on a cheap trick.

He turns around and runs out of the lab. I make my way towards the window. I can see Yuzuriha waiting by the camper tree. I smile softly to myself as I lean over the window.

The boys starts placing bets that Yuzuriha will reject Taiju. But Senku said she wouldn't, he even use his signature phrase... 10 billion percent. I just keep my full attention towards my two friends.

"What is that?" I muttered, staring at the green light that suddenly appear in the sky. Senku turns to look at what I'm staring at. "Y/N!" He yelled out. As soon as the light touches me, I can feel my surrounding turning dark.

What's going on?!

*to be continued*