Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

Tears starts falling from my eyes. I shake my head as I hold him closer. I let out a sob, crying as I hold him tightly. "No, Senku. This can't be. Please tell me this is a nightmare... you can't die on me, Senku...

SENKU!!!!

-Come Back-

Y/N P.O.V

P/N sniffs at Senku, his ears droopy. A sign that he's also upset. He turns to Tsukasa and growls angrily at him. But he didn't try anything, as if knowing he's not going to stand a chance against someone like Tsukasa.

Taiju drops on his knees next to me. "Senku! Please! Answer me, Senku! Open your eyes! Wake up and say something! C'mon... this can't be right! There's no way! Don't let it end like this, Senku" he said. I hug him tightly.

"After everything you've done, you can't just die! S-Senku... p-please. Talk to me..." I said. My tears keep on falling from my eyes. I don't even bother to wipe them away.

"I gave him a painless death. It's over. I trust that as his friends, you'll give him a proper burial" Tsukasa said. I stop sobbing at the sound of his voice. I gently place Senku down on the ground. I slowly stand up, turning to look at him.

"How could you do this?! Why?? Why'd you have to do something like this, Tsukasa. And how do you know that it's a painful death?! You're not the one experiencing it... you're an evil person, Tsukasa... I wish I never know you!!" I said, angrily as my tears keeps on falling from my eyes. The sound of Taiju's and Yuzuriha's crying can still be heard as I scream at Tsukasa.

I can see something flashing in Tsukasa's eyes. It's the look of sadness and regret. Why'd he feel such emotions if this is what he wanted? Just because he wanted to prevent science to exist again, he'd go so far as killing Senku in order to achieve that.

Taiju suddenly stands up. He grabs a boulder. I just stare at him with a worried gaze. If he acts upon his anger, Tsukasa will ended up killing him too.

"Taiju..." Yuzuriha said. He stays silent for a few seconds. "It's fine, Yuzuriha. Don't worry, I'm still thinking clearly" he said. I just stare at him, waiting for his next action.

He suddenly throws the boulder into the sky. I grab the gunpowder and throws it at Tsukasa. He kicks it, which sends the black powder everywhere. I pick up P/N in my arms and runs away, just as an explosion happens.

***

Rain starts pouring from the sky. We run away from Tsukasa. The sound of rain would be able to mask the sound of our footsteps. We'll be hidden for quite a while.

Taiju starts performing a heart massage to Senku. I just kneel down next to him. The sight of his eyes that are devoid of life is horrifying. He can't be dead. Senku would never give up just like that.

"Hold on a second! You need to keep his neck still! That's where Tsukasa attacked him. Senku sacrificed himself for me..." Yuzuriha said. Taiju turns to look at her.

"Wait, Senku sacrificed himself for you?" He said. I think about it, trying to think of something. Senku... back then, when one of our club member discussed about a psychology question.

Flashback

"Check out this psychology quiz! 'There's been a tragic accident, and between your friend, your lover and yourself, only one of you can be saved. Who would you choose?" He said. I turned my head from my spot next to Senku.

"What kind of question is that?" I asked. Taiju and Yuzuriha started to try answering the question. I just shook my head. I turned to look at Senku. He'd surely gonna say something.

"I'd look for a fundamental rule... that'd let me save all of us" Senku said. I smiled softly at his answer. I should've expected that'll be his answer.

"I think the point of the question is to reveal who's most important to you" the guy said. Senku scoffed at what he said. "That's ten billion percent obvious. Your book belongs in the trash" he said.

End of Flashback

I shake my head. "No... Senku would never sacrifice anyone..." I said. Taiju nods his head at what I said. "He would take the whole game on the chance to save us all. We have to figure out what he was thinking. If anyone can do it, then it should be his friends! You too, Y/N... you're his girlfriend" he said. I nod my head and start racking my brain of what Senku could be thinking.

"Senku was drawing attention to his neck..." I said, realizing something. Yuzuriha turns to look at me. She nods her head, catching on with what I'm trying to say.

"I think that's where he wanted Tsukasa to strike him" she said. Taiju finally caught on with what we are talking about. "That's right, that thing he was doing. It's not a habit he always had..." he said. He gently grab Senku.

"Why'd he keep touching and cracking his neck? Was he trying to tell us something?" He said, as he turn Senku's body around. I notice a small fragment of stone on the back of his neck.

"There's a little bit of stone left on his neck!" I said. I remember Senku telling us that cracks are re-filled when the petrification are undone. It might repair his neck. Yuzuriha hands Taiju the revival fluid. He pours it on Senku's neck. I watch as the stone on his neck shatters.

Tears streams down my cheeks, mixing with the rain that keeps falling from the sky. "Come on, Senku... you can't leave me like this" I said, in a pleading tone while placing a hand on his cheek.

"Wake up, Senku!! I knew you'd live! I knew you weren't gonna let yourself killed, not in a place like this!" Taiju said. I place my forehead on his chest. "P-Please, Senku... come back..." I pleaded, crying softly.

The rain eventually stops. I turn my head slightly to look at the sky. "The storm... it's over" Taiju said. I just stare at the sky, as the sunlight to show itself in the sky.

"That thunder storm was providing some serious cover for us. So keep your voices down. If Tsukasa hears us, it's game over for real..." someone said. I turn my head and gasp, as Taiju and Yuzuriha stand up and look around.

They finally realize what happened and turn to look at where I'm looking. Senku is holding the jar that was filled with revival fluid. He place two fingers on the back of his neck.

"Good job noticing the thing with my neck. I barely even gave you any speck of hint. Taiju, Yuzuriha, Y/N... I believe that kind of thinking should snag you ten billion points" he said, smirking. Taiju yells out his name and rushes towards him, embracing him in a bone crushing hug. He gets kicked not long after.

"Never mind my cervical nerve! You just crushed my entire body! I'll kill you!!" He yelled out. I stand up and walks up to him. I gently wrap my arms around his torso.

"Welcome back, Senku..." I said, tears still streaming down my cheeks. He didn't say a thing and just pat my back slowly, pulling away after a few seconds. "Yeah... it's good to be back..." he said, giving me a small smile.

As always, he's being cold to me. But I don't mind his coldness, I'm used to it. I'm just so happy that he's alive and okay. I thought I was going to lose him. Thank Goodness.

*to be continued*