Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"What I mean, is how you both kept going through every single step until you solved the problem. Your perseverance is amazing. I think it's finally time to introduce myself. My name is Kohaku, and I think I've taken quite a liking to you..." she said. I froze at what she said. Wait... what??

-There's More-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku stares at Kohaku with a look of disbelief. "I don't like what I just heard. We've just met and she's already in love?" He said. Kohaku turns to look at him and points a finger.

"That's not what I meant! What I mean is... I've taken a liking to you as a person! Which means I'd cooperate with you!" She said. I let out a sigh after she make herself clear. Senku nods his head at what she said.

"Yeah... that's better then. I appreciate that. Besides, I already have a girlfriend" he said, gesturing to me. The girl turns to look at me. "You... dating him?? I don't see what you see in him..." she said. I blink my eyes at her comment. I let out a laugh.

"He's not always like that... you'll see soon" I said. She just shrugs her shoulders at what I said. I just give her a small smile.

***

It's now night time when three of us tries to sleep. I turn my body and notice Kohaku sleeping against the wall, knives in her hands. I sweat-dropped at the sight of her. I reach over and gently pat Senku, who's also not sleeping. He turns to look at me. I gesture to the girl.

"Are you a new species of homo-sapien that sleeps with a knife?" He said. Kohaku still have her eyes close, but she seem to hear what he said. "Because you started talking about romance. Even though you have a girlfriend. I still don't trust you. This is just a habit that I picked up for having to survive alone in the wild... don't take it too personal" she said. I just turn to look at Senku as he keeps eyeing Kohaku.

"Well... I don't plan to fight you. I don't want to die twice on the same day. Besides, there's no way I can take down a lioness like you" Senku said. Kohaku's obviously not happy with the nickname he gave her.

"Lioness?! You might seem like a gentleman at first, but your tongue is sharper than knife! I might ended up accidentally killing you!" She said. Senku turn his body, so his back is facing her. "Then just get some sleep..." he said.

"You're in a battle with that long haired man, right? I'll fight along side you" Kohaku said. Senku sits up and turns to look at her. "Yeah... and I need to find more manpower..." he said. Kohaku stands up at his comment.

"So you want comrades? Why don't you come with me?" She said. Senku perks up at what she said. "So there are more people like you?" He said. Kohaku grins and nods her head. Senku instantly agrees to go with her.

The Next Morning

Kohaku is collecting some water from the hot spring. "What'd you need it for?" I asked. She turns to look at me. "It's for healing purpose" she said. Senku just raise an eyebrow at what she said.

"You're in 10 billion percent health..." he said. She turns to look at him. "Not for me... for my sister. She has been sick lately" she said. She starts to carry her jar and we make our way towards wherever she will take us.

Senku make a comment that the jar is barely enough for a bath. "How many times did you go back and forth to gather those?" I asked. She claims that it's been a daily training, and she's become stronger. I just hum softly and gasp when she suddenly trips. Senku rushes over and grabs the jar with one hand.

"You're still haven't recovered from your injury, huh? Can't have you overexerting yourself and collapse on me. Hand it over..." he said. Kohaku stares at him. "Senku..." she said. She let go of the jar. I wince when Senku falls over due to the weight.

"You're the one overexerting yourself..." she said, while giving him a straight gaze while hunching a bit. I rushes over and gently pulls the jar from him. "Are you okay, Senku?" I asked.

"Is everyone in this stone world beside me a gorilla? Tsukasa, Taiju, and Kohaku..." he said. Kohaku let out a growl at his comment. "Gorilla?! At least call me a lioness that was better!" She said. I just shake my head and pulls Senku up to his feet.

***

I sit behind Senku as we speed down the hill. I hold onto his torso, burying my face in his back out of fear. I can hear Kohaku cheering out of excitement. But I'm not a big fan of this... not at all.

"I'm impressed that you can make something so fast!" Kohaku said. Senku let out a chuckle. "It's not fast! I just use the stuff we already have from the pulley. Y/N! Stop hiding your face and take a look. It's fun!" He said. I shake my head as he tries to make me look.

"No, thank you!" I said, shutting my eyes tightly. I can feel the cart swerving to the right, before we get send forward. Senku turns his body and grabs me, as if making sure I didn't get hurt.

"Have a look, you two..." Kohaku said. I slowly open my eyes and gasp in shock at what's in front of us. I didn't expect to see this in the stone world. "Wow..." I said. Senku turns his head to look forward.

"How many people live here?" Senku asked

"How many people live here?" Senku asked. Kohaku seem to be thinking about it. "I don't remember the numbers of the adults and children. But there are about 40 people here" she said. I turn my head to look at the village.

If every human turns into stone because of that mysterious green light. Where did these people came from? There has to be the first ones that started this civilization. Did someone survived? If so... how? And who were they?

*to be continued*