Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

As much as I don't want to admit it... I can't help but feel a little jealous of Ruri, because Senku have been giving her some of his attention even though they haven't met. While he is being so cold towards me. But I have to put this jealousy aside, because we need to do this. We have to cure Ruri, so we can gain these people's trust.

-We Need Manpower-

Y/N P.O.V

Now that we've got a good amount of iron sand. We can start making the iron. Although, it's going to be hard because we need a lot of heat to make the iron. Senku creates an iron mill furnace with a couple of air pump made from animal leather.

"This thing actually pumps air. With something this handy, I could probably do this myself" Kohaku said, confidently. Senku let out a chuckle at what she said. "You can make that claim once you try it..." he said. I nod my head in agreement at what he said.

"Unfortunately, we won't have enough manpower..." I said. All five of us starts pumping the air into the furnace. Everyone starts groaning in pain because their arms starts hurting.

Both of my arms starting to go numb after a while. They both feels like they're about to fall off. But we can't stop pumping or the heat is going to drop. I force myself to keep going.

Suika eventually collapse from exhaustion as did the rest of us. "We need to get more manpower. That's our main target..." Senku said. I breathe heavily and nod my head. "It'll be easier if there's a lot of us..." I said.

***

Suika have volunteered to try and find out what the villagers wants. So now, we just have to wait for her to return. I sit next to Senku as we wait for the little detective to come back.

Suika comes back not long after. "Suika have found out what the villagers wants. The first ones are the Sparkling Sisters, Garnet, Ruby and Sapphire..." she said. I place my hands on my knees.

"It will be nice if it's something Y/N and I can make with science" Senku said, making me nod my head in agreement. Suika grabs something that seems to be a megaphone.

"They want... BOYFRIEND!" She said. I let out a soft sigh, while face-palming myself. Of all the things they want... they think about boys. Goodness.

"There's no way we can make that!!" Senku wailed. Suika starts listing the kinds of boyfriends the sisters wants. Ruby want to have a boyfriend who can feed her. Sapphire want a handsome boyfriend. Lastly, Garnet wants a strong man.

"Those three have three types of men they want, and they're the prettiest girls in the village. How are they still single?" I asked. Kohaku turns to look at me and shake her heads, implying that she doesn't know. "It is a mystery..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

I flinch when someone gently flicks my forehead. I turn my head to see Senku. "Stop thinking about that. Help me think what we need to do to get these people on our sides" he said. I laugh nervously and rub my neck.

Kohaku turns to Senku. "If you ask me, Senku. To be honest, you're kind of an attractive man. But I don't know if you're the kind of guy Sapphire wants. And plus, you already have a girlfriend" she said. Senku turns to look at her.

"I might have a chance with the girl who wants to be fed..." he said. Have a chance? What did he mean by 'have a chance'?? Senku turns his head to look at me. He notice the stare on my face and shakes his head.

"Not that kind of chance. I'm just saying I might be able to get the girl on our side by providing her with some food..." he said. Suika lift her hand to her our attention.

"Speaking about food. Ganen, the village's glutton said he's bored to death with eating fish. He wants to try something new instead" she said. I nod my head at what she said.

"That'll works..." I said. Kohaku turns to me after I said that. "Are you both going to cook for them?" She said. I grin and nod my head. I turn to look at Senku.

"The only problem is... we don't know what to cook" I said. Senku turns to look forward, where Suika is playing with a white dog. She's holding something in her hand.

"Suika... what is that anyway?" Senku said. Suika turn to look at him. "It's my friend's chalk favorite toy. Dogtail millet!" She said. I shake my head at what she said.

"You mean foxtail millet..." I said, gently caressing P/N head who have came from the forest and lay down next to me. He starts purring while placing his head on my lap. I smile softly and continue to caress his fur.

"Yeah... that'll do! Right, Senku?" I said, turning to look at my boyfriend. He turns to me and smirk. He nods his head. Since it's now night time, we'd start gathering the foxtail millet tomorrow.

The Next Day

Kohaku rushes forward and starts cutting the foxtail millet, trying to gather as many as we can. Foxtail are mainly made from grains. We can make flour out of it. It may not be the best ingredients we have. But it's all we have for now, until we can get the right ingredients.

We start whacking the foxtail, trying to separate the seeds from its body. "Are we actually going to eat these? Because if we do... I think I'm going to pass" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her and giggle at the face she's making as she stares at the foxtail millet in her hands.

"Don't worry, Kohaku. We're whacking it so we can eat it... just trust us" I said. She turns to look at me and nod her head. Although, I can still see that she looks disgusted.

After whacking them, we wash them to separate the fiber. Senku starts to cook the broth while I cut the batter to form noodles. I place them inside the bowls and hands it to Senku. He pours the broth inside the bowl and turn towards the other three.

"We have a name for this stupidly good food. We call it, Ramen" he said. I grin widely, feeling happy and proud at the final product. Before the petrification, ramen has always been Senku's favorite food. So to be able to make some ourselves from scratch, it's a pure joy.

Chrome is the first one to take a bite. He's silent for a few seconds. "DELICIOUS!!!" He yelled out. He start to continually slurp the noodle and drinks the broth. I can see the tears in his eyes.

Suika and Kohaku look assured that the ramen is safe to consume, finally took a bite. They too looks in awe after eating the whole thing. I let out a giggle at their reaction.

"If it's that good... I think I'll take a bite too" Senku said. I smile and nod my head. "It has been a while since we've had a proper meal, huh?" I said. Senku takes a bite. He place the bowl on the ground and stays silent. But he looks disappointed.

I frown at his reaction and take a bite too. I gag a little from the taste. There's a bitter aftertaste. But that's to be expected. It's foxtail millet flour, not wheat flour.

I turn my head to look at the three. But those three seem to like the ramen. I turn to look at Senku as he turns to me with a grin. I grin as well and nod. This should work! We'll gain more manpower using this ramen.

*to be continued*