Chapter 36

Previously on Chapter 35

"It's nothing... you just remind me of my little sister. She's about your age. But... I lost her. If she's still here, I'm confident that the two of you would be the best of friends" I said. She frowns at what I said and wraps her arms around me again. I just smile softly to myself. I close my eyes as I return her embrace.

S/N... I miss you, sis

-A Dirty Betrayal-

Y/N P.O.V

We make our way towards their camp. I take a seat on top of a wood stump, Mirai sits down on my lap. I wrap my arms around her waist. We start to talk to each other about random things. She would giggle at a funny story I would tell her.

I smile softly as Mirai giggles. She's so precious. I'm happy that Tsukasa finally got his sister back. I turn my head slightly to look at Tsukasa, to see that he's already looking at me. There's a fond smile on his face as he watches the two of us, making me smile back at him.

"Mirai-Kun..." someone said. I turn my head to see Hyoga, who's standing not far from us. Mirai also turns to look at him. "There still some stones in your hair... it's blocking your beauty. Why don't you go and wash your face by the lake over there?" He said. Mirai nods her head.

She gets off my lap, and we make our way towards the lake Hyoga is talking about. Tsukasa walks next to Mirai, making her walks between us while holding our hands. She turns to look at me and smiles, with her eyes close. I lift my free hand and gently caress her cheek.

We reach the lake. I let Mirai's hand go, allowing her to walk towards the lake to wash up. I smile as she didn't get all the stone fragments off. I walk forward and kneels down next to her.

"Here... let me help you" I said. She nods her head. I reach into the lake and scoops up some water. I turn to Mirai and gently pour it on her head. I try my best to clean all the stones from her hair.

She starts to giggle softly from the coolness of the water. I start to laugh along with her. "Refreshing, isn't it, Mirai?" I said. She turns to look at me and nod her head. "It is, Nee-San" she said, happily. I smile and kisses her forehead.

I jump when a loud explosion suddenly occurs. My eyes widened as I turn to look at the source. "What is that? An explosion? What's happening?" Mirai said. I can hear the fear in her voice. Tsukasa gently place a hand on her shoulder.

"Stay here, okay? I'll go and check it. I leave Mirai to you, love..." Tsukasa said. I smile and nod my head. Mirai scoots closer to me, hugging me. I can feel her body shaking a little from the fear.

"It's okay, Mirai... I'm here. I'll protect you" I said, as I place a hand on top of Mirai's head, caressing her hair softly as an attempt to calm her down. Tsukasa smiles softly at me. He stands up and starts to walk away.

"GET AWAY FROM THERE!! Tsukasa! Y/N! Mirai!" Someone yelled out. I turn my head to see Senku. I can see his eyes are wide, a clear sign that he's in a panic. But why?

I turn my head to see Hyoga turning to look at us with malice glare. He swings his spear towards us. My eyes widened as I quickly shields Mirai, trying to protect her. Tsukasa rushes to stand in front of us, taking the hit. The spear is pierced through his chest.

"No matter if I try to attack you in your sleep, or try to sneak upon you. I could never take down the Strongest Primate Highschoolers. All these time, I'm the one who's waiting. For this very moment" Hyoga said, pulling the spear out of Tsukasa's chest.

"Tsukasa! No!" I yelled. I rushes forward, grabbing his hand. I can feel myself slipping, as I struggle to keep my body on the ground.

Tsukasa sends me a pained smile. "Let me go, Y/N... you'll fall too" he said. I shake my head, not wanting to let Tsukasa's hand go. He will die if he falls into the lake. Just as I was about to fall, I feel a pair of arms around my waist.

"Senku..." Tsukasa said, letting me know who it is. I let out a scream when I feel Senku getting pushed in, making me and Tsukasa falls in as well. I take a deep breath as I reached the water. I try my best to hold my breathing.

***

Senku and I reached the shore. We pull Tsukasa out of the water, breathing heavily. I keep my hand on Tsukasa's chest, trying to stop the bleeding. Both of my hands are trembling as I stare at Tsukasa with tears in my eyes. I don't understand... why would Hyoga do something like this to Tsukasa? I thought he and Tsukasa are on the same side.

"I had to drive you away from the others, because I need to speak with both of you, Senku... Y/N. I have already made sure that you'd survive the fall" Hyoga said. I turn my head to look at him. He glances at me for a brief seconds before turning to look at Senku.

Senku let out a chuckle at what he said. "Of course... you're not the type to jump into something, unless you're sure of the outcome. What are you? A shy high school girl who wants to confess her love for me?" He said, while picking on his ear.

"Unfortunately for you... I'm married. Oh wait, I'm divorced. But that's because I already love someone else. So, either way... I don't have anything to speak to you about" he said, shrugging his shoulders. I turn my head to look at him.

I didn't expect Senku to say that he already love someone... was he talking about me? Did he truly love me? But if he did... why would he break my heart?

Ugh, what am I thinking? I'm already with Tsukasa. I shouldn't be thinking about someone who never showed his affection towards me. I have to focus on Tsukasa. Especially in this kind of situation, where his life is on the line.

I turn my head to look at Tsukasa. I keep pressure on his wound, trying my best to stop the bleeding. My hands are trembling at the thought of losing him. I don't want to lose Tsukasa... I've grown to love him.

Tsukasa's eyes are closed. But he's still breathing. He is growing weaker by the seconds. "Tsukasa... please hold on. Don't leave me in this world alone... I need you" I said, in a shaky voice. Tears slowly starts to fall from my eyes. Tsukasa didn't respond to me. He turns a getting weaker. We need to find help and fast. He have to survive...

I don't want to lose him...

*to be continued*